This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Controller Problems.

#1Narwhal7Posted 9/15/2013 5:42:06 PM
So, GTA V is right around the corner. I'm super hyped, when suddenly my character in GTA IV begins walking on his own to the left. Some games have become almost unplayable, such as Injustice due to it's hyper-sensitive menu.
I barely have enough money for GTA V, as the student life sucks.
In other words, getting another controller is out of the question right now.
Is there any fix to drifting sticks that doesn't involve soldering or anything of the sort? Should I just try to deal with it?
Any replies are appreciated.
---
Waiting for GTA V, Watch Dogs.
GT: I Capped Tupac
#2TheBlueStigPosted 9/15/2013 5:44:57 PM
Open up the controller, clean it out, and put a drop or two of Hoppe's #9 Oil into the analog stick cups.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#3orangeneePosted 9/15/2013 5:45:14 PM
I know your pain.

You can try taking it apart and cleaning it, but stick drift is a progressive thing.

I know what you mean about Injustice.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#4NeVaRmoorePosted 9/15/2013 5:47:07 PM
Honestly, you'll just have to adapt to it until you can buy a new controller. The left stick drift is notorious with the 360 controller and even if you did manage to disassemble the stick mechanism without breaking it and/or the board it would be almost impossible to put it back together.
#5TheBlueStigPosted 9/15/2013 5:51:08 PM
NeVaRmoore posted...
Honestly, you'll just have to adapt to it until you can buy a new controller. The left stick drift is notorious with the 360 controller and even if you did manage to disassemble the stick mechanism without breaking it and/or the board it would be almost impossible to put it back together.

Bulls***.

Opening up a controller and cleaning it out is EASY.

Sticks start to drift because they're not centering themselves anymore, and that's because the stick is stuck...ON DIRT that comes from people's hands.

Open it, clean it, oil it. The stick will recenter itself again.
---
#6Narwhal7(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 5:52:49 PM
The worst part of all of this? I bought this controller brand new about 2 months ago.
---
Waiting for GTA V, Watch Dogs.
GT: I Capped Tupac
#7TheBlueStigPosted 9/15/2013 5:55:43 PM
Narwhal7 posted...
The worst part of all of this? I bought this controller brand new about 2 months ago.

All controllers eventually "break in" and loosen up, there is no way to stop it.
---
#8NeVaRmoorePosted 9/15/2013 5:57:38 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
NeVaRmoore posted...

Bulls***.

Sticks start to drift because they're not centering themselves anymore, and that's because the stick is stuck...ON DIRT that comes from people's hands.

First of all you sound like a child with all the "***" things. Second, it isn't caused by dirt. If you were equipped with facts instead of blatant misinformation you'd know that this problem isn't limited to old or heavily used controllers.

But I've come to expect no more from you than ignorance. Be well, sir.
#9TheBlueStigPosted 9/15/2013 8:10:48 PM
NeVaRmoore posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
NeVaRmoore posted...

Bulls***.

First of all you sound like a child with all the "***" things. Second, it isn't caused by dirt. If you were equipped with facts instead of blatant misinformation you'd know that this problem isn't limited to old or heavily used controllers.

But I've come to expect no more from you than ignorance. Be well, sir.

I've fixed a dozen controllers from different systems this way, but you go right on thinking that human beings have sterile fingers 100% of the time and they never shed a single skin cell or have any skin oil leaking from their hands at any time....

All analog sticks break in, they ALL get loose over time. If they retain their ability to recenter themselves, they don't drift.

There is only drifting when the stick gets STUCK off-center.

Cleaning and oiling fixes the sticking.
---
#10Dragon NexusPosted 9/16/2013 5:00:45 AM
Narwhal7 posted...

Well it's within warranty then...
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde