This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How good is the Power A Fus1on controller?

#1JirynPosted 9/15/2013 7:57:22 PM
I am curious as to how the Power A Fus1on controller performs vs the standard 360 controller

It was originally sold at a premium $100 price tag, and has gotten rave reviews by some online community and game sites such as Kotaku, but I take Kotaku with a grain of salt most of the time.

I've just found the PS3 version on clearance for $32.99 at New England Best Buys, which is why I'm asking about them. The 360 version is still around $70 there and online sadly.

http://www.amazon.com/POWER-FUS1ON-Tournament-Controller-PlayStation-3/dp/B0096KF7O4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1379303555&sr=8-2&keywords=Power+A+Fus1on
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#2TehUnibongerPosted 9/15/2013 8:05:48 PM
bought one, analog stick would drift out of the box (Char in mass effect would move with thumb off the stick), returned and didn't look back. it's ok otherwise, nice triggers and colours, but not worth a flimsy analogue
#3Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 8:14:53 PM(edited)
TehUnibonger posted...
bought one, analog stick would drift out of the box (Char in mass effect would move with thumb off the stick), returned and didn't look back. it's ok otherwise, nice triggers and colours, but not worth a flimsy analogue

I always find the right analogue sticks on 360 controllers seem to drift after 2 months of play.
But yea, right out of the box for a new controller, let alone at that price is BS.

Also, the Analogue stick was the biggest praised thing BY Kotaku, so thank you.
http://kotaku.com/5914680/the-fus1on-pro-gaming-controller-makes-my-tiny-xbox-thumbsticks-feel-sad-and-insignificant
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#4iceman505Posted 9/15/2013 9:15:57 PM
How's the D-Pad on them? I desperately want one with a decent D-pad for Rayman Origins, and Legends. The Analog stick works fine in most situations, but once in a while just want that authentic feel. Hmmm, I guess I could always force myself to get used to using that SFIV fight pad I got, but never really used. I hate how big the damn buttons are though.
#5Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 9:43:12 PM
iceman505 posted...
How's the D-Pad on them? I desperately want one with a decent D-pad for Rayman Origins, and Legends. The Analog stick works fine in most situations, but once in a while just want that authentic feel. Hmmm, I guess I could always force myself to get used to using that SFIV fight pad I got, but never really used. I hate how big the damn buttons are though.

Well my roommate bought the PS3 one so I'll tell yea.
---
#6Net SharkPosted 9/16/2013 8:22:34 AM
I have the 360 one. Feels awesome in your hands but stick drift is a problem with mine as well. Very responsive triggers. I do love the D Pad however. I can pull off moves in Injustice much more fluently than with the normal 360 controller. I still love the thing although my right stick drifts very slightly.
---
Xbox GT: Net Sh4rk
Have a mic but Sharks don't talk.
#7MasterPokerPosted 9/18/2013 12:39:25 AM
The headphone jack is not the standard 5-hole setup, just a single hole.

That will save you trouble if you're like me and get a mic that doesn't fit.

Its a decent controller. D-Pad isn't perfect but is a marked improvement. Durability is better than all the MS-brand (and even worse 3rd party brand) crap I've tried, but I still had to cash in on my replacement warranty after less than 6 months, when the left stick clicker broke. To be fair, it was more like a single month on any other controller I've tried, and I actually got to pocket $20 since the controller had price dropped during the time I used it.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Xuande
#8MasterPokerPosted 9/20/2013 3:54:22 PM
I'm going to revise this review, since my second one just got a damaged left stick as well (while in the full up position, will sometimes act like its in partial up). I guess they're not that durable after all.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Xuande
#9CourtofOwlsPosted 9/20/2013 6:22:48 PM
they also made the batman arkham city controllers
mine had the drift problem turn into it being entirely unplayable but since it had a 2 year warranty i was able to get it replaced though neither replacement option was suitable in any fashion,i asked if i could send it back and pay the difference for the fus1on but they said no and they tried to find another batarang around their office for me and couldn't

since i'd have to buy a new controller anyway i looked at the fus1on and a very large ammount of the reviews on amazon stated they had the drift problem,found another a batarang instead...1 month in exact same drift problem as the first

so i'll say avoid
they do have actual nice and helpful customer service but if they run out of them like they did with the batarangs...well the options were a way too small mini controller or medal of honor warfighter controller (which btw is currently worth more than the actual game)
---
Boycott Best Buy!
#10toxiclettePosted 9/21/2013 1:57:14 AM
I have one after looking for quite a few for a 360 type controller for ps3, and it worked very well with no problems, I also picked one up for the 360, and never had a problem with them and the joystick's.