This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSA: Rockstar says not to install GTAV "play" disc on Xbox 360

#101CammyApplePosted 9/17/2013 1:05:12 AM
cloud0123 posted...
Only a "problem" on the x360?

No...it's not a problem, it's how it is supposed to be played.

The ps3 version has mandatory install...

AND STREAMS off the disc too. Just like this version does.

The difference is, in this one you can actually install it onto a USB disk and "dual load" both disks (one from HDD one from USB thumb drive).

What does this mean for the digital versions of the game?
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#102Dragon NexusPosted 9/17/2013 1:36:19 AM(edited)
TheBlueStig posted...
glassghost0 posted...
bumping for Blue's PM

I'm not linking to a hacking site, not even in a PM because it's still moddable.

To Dragon Nexus, get your ass to Google, Halo 3 Title Update 3, search for it yourself, the update DOES exist, if you're really trying to claim it doesn't exist you're f***ing insane because it exists in 10 different languages.

Did just that. I find one and only one website that mentions it exists.
No patch notes. No information on what's in it. No suggestion it's even legit. It might well be, but I'm not about to check it considering I've never heard of the website that shows up.

Every other source that shows up in Google lists 23rd September 2008 as the most recent title update for the game, which is likely to be title update 2, or at least the second downloadable patch for the game. It's entirely possible that is title update 3, with the first being on the disc already.

[edit] to anyone who's curious...
http://www.xbuc.net/browse/halo-3-english/
That's the site a user linked to me. I thought this was the purple text link that showed up in google, but that link was actually the Halo wiki again telling me about the two updates I already mentioned. Searching "Halo 3 title update 3" in google actually brings up nothing within the first 4 pages alluding to a third patch.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#103Dragon NexusPosted 9/17/2013 2:23:12 PM
Sorry to bump this but...I can't help but wonder what Stig actually has to say to this. I'm surprised he hasn't replied all day.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#104orangeneePosted 9/17/2013 2:27:53 PM
Stig Book of Internet Warfare 101 Paragraph 2 Section 5.

When soundly thrashed by superior intellect and stuff that's actually true, not pulled from imaginary websites or ones bottom, the only viable tactic is retreat and forget topic exists.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30