This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

whats with the hype around GTA V

#1GSPgreasesPosted 9/16/2013 5:07:16 PM
GTA IV was 10/10 worthy to the reviewers but most people thought it was trying to be too sim and sucked the fun out of the series

whats going on?
#2JamanjaxPosted 9/16/2013 5:08:19 PM
Anyone who has kept up with previews and trailers can see that the fun of the series has returned.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#3CammyApplePosted 9/16/2013 5:09:55 PM
People like GTA. Lots of people like 4.

Honestly though I don't understand the "hype". It's another third person open world / sandbox game in a modern setting where you play a "bad" guy. It will have standard GTA missions where the player has to do all the driving.

But it's what people like. So that's pretty cool for them.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#4magemaximusPosted 9/16/2013 5:12:01 PM
well look at the previous GTA games made by rockstar. GTA III was basically the first sandbox game that did what it did. going to get a link after this post. GTA VC and SA expanded on that. IV was basically GTA III but next gen. V is like the next gen version of SA.
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~
#5CammyApplePosted 9/16/2013 5:13:38 PM
magemaximus posted...
well look at the previous GTA games made by rockstar. GTA III was basically the first sandbox game that did what it did. going to get a link after this post. GTA VC and SA expanded on that. IV was basically GTA III but next gen. V is like the next gen version of SA.

I always enjoy that people ignore the first GTA games.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#6Boogs34Posted 9/16/2013 5:14:12 PM
Gamefaqs users are haters. GTAv is gonna be awesome
#7magemaximusPosted 9/16/2013 5:14:52 PM
here is a link of what GTA V has: http://www.gtav.net/facts/
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~
#8magemaximusPosted 9/16/2013 5:17:30 PM
it is because the earlier GTA games don't stand up to the GTA III, VC, SA, IV, and V. 2001+ has been the GTA era for rockstar; nothing but GTA success all the time.
---
#9IcecubePALPosted 9/16/2013 5:21:37 PM
CammyApple posted...
People like GTA. Lots of people like 4.

Honestly though I don't understand the "hype". It's another third person open world / sandbox game in a modern setting where you play a "bad" guy. It will have standard GTA missions where the player has to do all the driving.

But it's what people like. So that's pretty cool for them.

You could say that for pretty much every game. Strip it and just get down to simple descriptions about the game, like you just did with the GTA series.
#10glassghost0Posted 9/16/2013 5:23:58 PM
Q: Does it really matter?

A: Nope

Who gives a f***?

"OMG, you guys are looking forward to this game?! I don't get it. Durr. I'm not interested in it, why does anyone else on the planet have an opinion that differs from mine. Derrrr."
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122