This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm a bit behind; what are the custom music options during gameplay these days?

#1cartelwarlordPosted 9/18/2013 2:26:20 AM
I've heard a lot about Xbox Music, and have used Spotify for about a year, but I see that there is no app. What I want, I suppose, is the ability to make playlists on my laptop, and then listen to them during gameplay on the Xbox. Is that configuration possible using a streaming service? Or will I still have to get media centre/a plugged in iPod to have anything like this?

The next gen better embrace Spotify.
#2Mikejl87Posted 9/18/2013 3:31:23 AM
It's not possible using any music app if thats what you mean. The only way to stream music is from an external device plugged in (iPod, USB flash drive, External HD, etc.) or from your computer using Windows Media Player.

Since you want to create your own playlist, looks like streaming from your PC is your best bet.
#3cartelwarlord(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 8:14:16 AM
Yeah... sucks when I've got a Mac though! iPod it is :P
#4SoincMetalPosted 9/18/2013 8:18:24 AM
You might be able to get TVeristy to work, try that it's free.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#5TheBlueStigPosted 9/18/2013 8:54:10 AM
Buy official HDD, buy actual CD's or burn them from your MP3 collection, rip CD's to 360 HDD, play while listening to a game.

Buy USB drive, fill with music, plug into 360, listen while playing a game.

Trying to stream music is doing things the hard way, and if your system has wifi built in that streaming is only going to increase the heat inside the system.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#6AmazingDanyPosted 9/18/2013 1:58:45 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Buy official HDD, buy actual CD's or burn them from your MP3 collection, rip CD's to 360 HDD, play while listening to a game.

Trying to stream music is doing things the hard way, and if your system has wifi built in that streaming is only going to increase the heat inside the system.

Still only 100 songs during gameplay even if your tune collection is over 9000, unless that has been changed.

Galaxy Players 4.0 don't work on the 360. Grrrr.
#7FustmonkeyPosted 9/18/2013 2:25:03 PM
AmazingDany posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

Still only 100 songs during gameplay even if your tune collection is over 9000, unless that has been changed.

I have a solution for that... kind of.

I'm sure there's many ways to make a random playlist, I like this program called Random Playlist Creator

http://download.cnet.com/Random-Playlist-Creator-with-Genres/3000-2141_4-10420645.html

You can exclude stuff, or include more of some stuff, and make good, random playlists. Sometimes "random" doesn't feel very random... this program generates a very random sampling.

So I create a few 100 song playlists with that, then play the playlists instead of playing only the same first 100 songs that the Xbox finds.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"
#8SoincMetalPosted 9/18/2013 2:26:11 PM
Streaming's the hard way? TVersity is so easy to set up. You pick which folders your wanna stream, start stream, done. I guess that's too complex for some people.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#9AmazingDanyPosted 9/18/2013 3:43:32 PM
Fustmonkey posted...
AmazingDany posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

I have a solution for that... kind of.

I'm sure there's many ways to make a random playlist, I like this program called Random Playlist Creator

http://download.cnet.com/Random-Playlist-Creator-with-Genres/3000-2141_4-10420645.html

You can exclude stuff, or include more of some stuff, and make good, random playlists. Sometimes "random" doesn't feel very random... this program generates a very random sampling.

So I create a few 100 song playlists with that, then play the playlists instead of playing only the same first 100 songs that the Xbox finds.

Not bad of a solution.

I also derply managed to make my Galaxy play its music on Xbox 360! It seems to be Xbox-recognized if I turn the wifi on... D'oh!
#10TheBlueStigPosted 9/18/2013 4:27:48 PM(edited)
AmazingDany posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

I've only seen the 100 song thing when running music from USB, I don't think that happens when running music ripped to the HDD.

You can't save playlists for songs on a USB stick.

---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.