This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How did they get GTA5 to look so amazing?

#11GeistPosted 9/18/2013 6:07:28 AM
Put money into graphics, copy paste missions from past games. There you go.
---
Currently playing : Starflight
#12SheepinatorPosted 9/18/2013 6:10:41 AM
It does look amazing. That's the result of a giving a massive team of hugely talented people a near infinite amount of time and money. They can polish, optimize, polish, optimize, polish, optimize, when most other teams have a deadline to hit.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#13pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 6:31:11 AM
Geist posted...
Put money into graphics, copy paste missions from past games. There you go.

So, in your opinion, you think GTA is a copy/paste job?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#14Exodus_PrimePosted 9/18/2013 6:41:51 AM
InBeforePS3Haz10timesbettertexturesthan360versionM$sucks.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#15Kerr AvonPosted 9/18/2013 7:00:35 AM
Graphically this is amazing, and (far more importantly) it has great game-play too.

The quality of the graphics is due to *lots* of patient experimentation with the hardware, really clever programming, talented artists, and well judged placement of objects so that there's never too much onscreen to slow the game down badly.

To me it just shows that we don't need the next generation hardware yet, just software houses who are willing to spend time and effort to make the games run well.
---
"PCs don't catch viruses or malware. Stupid users do." - The Cranky Hermit.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
#16IvanKozlovPosted 9/18/2013 8:35:33 AM
Kerr Avon posted...
Graphically this is amazing, and (far more importantly) it has great game-play too.

The quality of the graphics is due to *lots* of patient experimentation with the hardware, really clever programming, talented artists, and well judged placement of objects so that there's never too much onscreen to slow the game down badly.

To me it just shows that we don't need the next generation hardware yet, just software houses who are willing to spend time and effort to make the games run well.

So each game should have a 5 year development time?
---
For the night is dark and full of terrors.
#17DRzCalderonPosted 9/18/2013 8:42:37 AM
Rockstar is KING.
---
It's very strange when the life you never had flashes before your eyes. -Mental Imagery.
#18BBBanks03Posted 9/18/2013 9:11:10 AM
Has anyone went through the 8 G install on their flash drives yet? Because thereís no chance in hell Iím ever going to fit an install like that on my HD, and it looks like flash drive is my only option. But Iím not 100% convinced my 360 is going to let me do a huge download like that on my flash drive. The Splinter Cell HD texture pack, for example, was unable to download on my flash drive, which was a much smaller install than this.

I could get it for my PS3, but Iíd really prefer to get it on 360, as most of my multiplatform releases are on there. Plus, my tv doesnít have HDMI support, and for whatever reason, none of my PS3 games look as good on my tv as my 360 ones.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#19orangeneePosted 9/18/2013 9:45:14 AM
GTA is not a yearly release nor are R* ever in any hurry to ship them out. They take their time.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#20pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 10:01:49 AM
orangenee posted...
GTA is not a yearly release nor are R* ever in any hurry to ship them out. They take their time.

No, It's obviously black magic.

/lrn2program
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson