This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pretty sure this is illegal but can someone clarify?

#31DVent(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 1:28:50 PM
squijy posted...
glassghost0 posted...
I find it a little bit unsettling that you worked in an IT department and don't understand why this isn't allowed

Definitely although i doubt hell be working there much longer if they find him asking such newbie questions

Well since you know so much about me and my life let me further help you along in determining my IT skills as a profession. Yeah they fired me because I ask dumb questions because asking questions for enlightenment on a subject automatically qualifies you as a illiterate uneducated fool. Especially in the IT field because anyone who knows more when it comes to all things computer related has to recognize the are a God among peasants and should never divulge any of the secret IT knowledge to us lesser beings.

Or how bout a drunk driver smashed through my bedroom wall in 2008 and pretty much broke my body in half being the reason I chose to leave the job and not something to do with my job level. Or maybe it was just realizing that as much as I like people helping people find the 'any' key or the on/off switch was a to much on a daily basis because that really is the extent of my knowledge.

By the way how is your amazing life and job superior being?
---
XBOX 360 GT - DVent360
#32TheBlueStigPosted 9/19/2013 1:35:22 PM
DVent posted...
squijy posted...
glassghost0 posted...
I find it a little bit unsettling that you worked in an IT department and don't understand why this isn't allowed

Definitely although i doubt hell be working there much longer if they find him asking such newbie questions

Well since you know so much about me and my life let me further help you along in determining my IT skills as a profession. Yeah they fired me because I ask dumb questions because asking questions for enlightenment on a subject automatically qualifies you as a illiterate uneducated fool. Especially in the IT field because anyone who knows more when it comes to all things computer related has to recognize the are a God among peasants and should never divulge any of the secret IT knowledge to us lesser beings.

Or how bout a drunk driver smashed through my bedroom wall in 2008 and pretty much broke my body in half being the reason I chose to leave the job and not something to do with my job level. Or maybe it was just realizing that as much as I like people helping people find the 'any' key or the on/off switch was a to much on a daily basis because that really is the extent of my knowledge.

Holy F***ing S*** the grammar of it all....that alone just outted you as not working in I.T. at all.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#33DVent(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 1:44:55 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
DVent posted...
squijy posted...
glassghost0 posted...

Holy F***ing S*** the grammar of it all....that alone just outted you as not working in I.T. at all.

Car accident left me a little brain damaged also, but I still like to post things from time to time because I get really bored being stuck at home all day. It's one of my only outlets. But really thanks for the answers - I don't take negative replies to heart and realize when you ask an obvious dumb question you are probably to get a few negative post towards you. I hope you are having a good day. I will work on my grammar to make the forums a better place and hope someday to become an English major and learn it as my second language.
---
XBOX 360 GT - DVent360
#34DVent(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 1:46:15 PM
I have to go play some COD and GTA now so I hope this post gets buried fast. :)
---
XBOX 360 GT - DVent360
#35WinternovaPosted 9/19/2013 3:38:22 PM
Matt_Man_2004 posted...
There are plenty of actions that aren't illegal but that are pretty awful

In your view. In the view of others, it's justified and good. That's why it's a horrible standard to use to judge - there's no hard-and-fast rule, just guidelines that vary widely.

Matt_Man_2004 posted...
what people think is moral affects what they do and affects the content of the law.

It does affect individual actions, and it does affect the content of the law. I never said there was no point in debating morals, just that an individual's morals are a horrible standard to judge the actions of others.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#36Matt_Man_2004Posted 9/20/2013 9:37:49 AM
So do you just feel we can't judge the action of person X if they're complying with their own country's laws?
#37dannyaqPosted 9/20/2013 10:15:20 AM
DVent posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
There's a different license for each version of the game, that's why you can't buy the 360 version of a game, then pirate the PC version.

So you are paying for the architecture of the code? I could understand if there were obvious differences like a standard game and a game of the year edition, or expanded DLC or content but if it is the same as far as that goes, just doesn't seem to make logical sense but then again I guess most laws don't.

Different people get paid depending on the platform. Sony/Microsoft get paid per copy sold on their system. If developer pay is dependent upon copies sold, then it matters which one is used.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#38WinternovaPosted 9/20/2013 10:16:14 AM
Matt_Man_2004 posted...
So do you just feel we can't judge the action of person X if they're complying with their own country's laws?

You can judge them, you just can't assume other people will have the same views on the actions that you do. No one is saying you can't have a subjective opinion, just that the only objective standard is whatever the law is at that time.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#39Matt_Man_2004Posted 9/20/2013 12:50:16 PM(edited)
To say that it's okay to hold a subjective opinion appealing to morals on what someone else did seems at odds with the position that it's a horrible idea to appeal to morals to judge what someone else did.

I feel like this debate has just arisen because you took "it's not immoral really" to mean "it's objectively not immoral" rather than "I don't think it's immoral". Fair enough, the former is a more literal interpretation but come on, be a little charitable and assume I meant the far more reasonable latter.

But just as an aside, to say the law presents an objective standard at all ignores the fact that the law is made up of overarching legal principles as well as legal rules. Legal principles tend to be more flexible than rules and introduce a significant degree of subjectivity into the system. On the whole it's less subjective than morality but still a long way from being objective.
#40FredSavage27Posted 9/20/2013 2:35:44 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that porting a game to another console is a bit more work than just sticking a PlayStation logo on the cover.