This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can xbox do anything with a 3D tv?

#1Cinn_kentsu89Posted 9/19/2013 6:27:09 AM
I bought a vizio 47" 3D tv yesterday and I don't have a 3D blu ray player. I know black ops 2 has a 3D mode but do any other games have 3D function or can I play everything in 3D with my tv? Sorry, no experience at all with 3D besides movie theaters. Thanks. Should I return it and just get the 55" with no 3D?
---
"cos the capcom damage control team kept saying "dont like it dont buy it" and it worked" - tehdud
#2TheBlueStigPosted 9/19/2013 7:21:37 AM
http://www.3dtested.com/3d-xbox-360-games-list/
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#3Dragon NexusPosted 9/19/2013 7:22:35 AM
Who spends that much money on a TV just to want to return it for something bigger because of a feature they're not sure they want?
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#4RenamonPosted 9/19/2013 7:27:11 AM
Don't forget about TV service, it can be in 3D too. I know Comcast has a few 3D channels and there's movies on OnDemand too that are 3D.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#5SheepinatorPosted 9/19/2013 7:29:45 AM
3D in gaming is a gimmick atm. Should improve with next consoles having more power. I've tried a bunch of games in 3D and the only one I wanted to play more than a few minutes or show off to anyone was Sine Mora. You can try the demo for free, some nice effects there. Mostly my 3D glasses gather dust, like the Wii and Kinect before them.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#6Cinn_kentsu89(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 7:30:28 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Who spends that much money on a TV just to want to return it for something bigger because of a feature they're not sure they want?

Only spent 400 on it. Was going to get the 55" without 3D and cost 600 but my girlfriend didn't think it would look good in the bedroom. It was only 20 bucks more for the version with the 3D so I figured it was worth it. Now just not sure how to take advantage of the 3D.
---
"cos the capcom damage control team kept saying "dont like it dont buy it" and it worked" - tehdud
#7Dragon NexusPosted 9/19/2013 11:24:50 AM
Sheepinator posted...
3D in gaming is a gimmick atm. Should improve with next consoles having more power. I've tried a bunch of games in 3D and the only one I wanted to play more than a few minutes or show off to anyone was Sine Mora. You can try the demo for free, some nice effects there. Mostly my 3D glasses gather dust, like the Wii and Kinect before them.

Have you tried the Arkham games? Or Assassins Creed?
I always figured games with open and expansive cities would benefit from 3D...
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#8SheepinatorPosted 9/19/2013 11:34:44 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Sheepinator posted...

Have you tried the Arkham games? Or Assassins Creed?
I always figured games with open and expansive cities would benefit from 3D...

I tried Arkham City, I found the combat to be more difficult with 3D on, and generally preferred playing without. I can't recall if I saw issues with Arkham but generally 3D games run in lower resolution and/or have more frame rate issues, due to needing to render the scene twice. As I said Sine Mora was cool, they had some custom effects with objects flying out of the screen, as well as the typical video game look of everything being in the near plane and in the background plane.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.