This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I become a Hardcore gamer?

#31Pacman2dxPosted 9/20/2013 7:52:39 AM
Watch the Youtube series called The Online Gamer .. then do as Aaron does only in real life.

Insta' Core gamer.
---
Shingeki No Kyojin | Attack On Titan
Are you willing to give your beating heart for humanity?
#32PraetorXynPosted 9/20/2013 7:54:38 AM
To me, it's someone who takes the time to actually look past all the mainstream crap and find hidden gems most people have never even heard of.

Also, anyone who claims to be hardcore and uses CoD as a reference point should be automatically ignored forever.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#33MegaDuzeraPosted 9/20/2013 8:09:38 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Come with me, boy. I will train you till you bleed. It will hurt. It will test your limits. But when you're done...you will understand the world around you.

Wow that was nice, is this from a movie or something?
#34seankimberley42Posted 9/20/2013 9:21:34 AM
PraetorXyn posted...
To me, it's someone who takes the time to actually look past all the mainstream crap and find hidden gems most people have never even heard of.

Also, anyone who claims to be hardcore and uses CoD as a reference point should be automatically ignored forever.

Add this guy to my list as well.

Let me tell you something; I have a friend on my friends list from my CoD days. (CoD 2-MW:3). From MW to MW:3 and he has 30-40 days played in each of them. Highest level and prestige. He says he has every camo/gold gun award etc. unlocked in every single one His gamer score is 1200(ish). The only other game ive seen him play was BF:BC once, four years ago. If that's not hardcore I don't know what is.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#35SunDevil77Posted 9/20/2013 9:43:46 AM
MegaDuzera posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Come with me, boy. I will train you till you bleed. It will hurt. It will test your limits. But when you're done...you will understand the world around you.

Wow that was nice, is this from a movie or something?

Surprisingly, no. That was just an improv motivational speech for TC.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#36PraetorXynPosted 9/20/2013 9:57:03 AM(edited)
seankimberley42 posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

Add this guy to my list as well.

Let me tell you something; I have a friend on my friends list from my CoD days. (CoD 2-MW:3). From MW to MW:3 and he has 30-40 days played in each of them. Highest level and prestige. He says he has every camo/gold gun award etc. unlocked in every single one His gamer score is 1200(ish). The only other game ive seen him play was BF:BC once, four years ago. If that's not hardcore I don't know what is.

CoD is the most casual shooter in existence. You can be hardcore about it, but it doesn't change that fact.

The last good <EDIT>multiplayer</EDIT> FPS was Unreal Tournament 2004.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#37superbowl54Posted 9/20/2013 11:28:35 AM
play an actual game that's not on a phone or facebook.
---
360: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Devil May Cry "fans" are worst fanbase in gaming.
#38sonicteam2k1Posted 9/20/2013 12:17:17 PM
Get into PC gaming
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#39nazacuckooPosted 9/20/2013 12:25:11 PM
I've made a quick guide on how to become a hardcore gamer:

1. You must live in your parents' basement. If they don't have a basement, make them get one. If you have your own house, move back to your parents' basement.

2. You can only leave the basement for half an hour a day, and when you do you must wear your pyjamas. (Wearing nothing but underwear works too) When you are leaving the basement, you cannot leave the house. Sunlight hurts hardcore gamers.

3. Midnight game releases are the only time you can go against rule number 2. You can wear clothes, and you can leave the house (as long as it's dark out) Once you have your game return to the basement ASAP, and proceed to complain about whichever shop you bought the game from on Gamefaqs. Then you can play your game.

4. Your opinion is better than anyone else's opinion, no exceptions. If someone's opinion is different than yours, you must write an angry message to them saying that they suck and your opinion is better.
Make sure your spelling and grammar is as bad as possible.

5. Call of Duty sucks. You must believe this to become a hardcore gamer, but you must also play CoD religiously every night.

6. People suck. You must also believe this to be a hardcore gamer. The only good person in the world is your mom and you must treat her like trash. Also make sure to have a sexual attraction to a video game character, because you have no hope of ever being in a relationship with a real person.

7. When you are not gaming you are wasting time. You can only spend one hour per day not gaming.

8. Dark Souls is the best game of all time. You must 100% this game, and if anyone says DS is not the best game ever, they are obviously filthy casuals. This is the most important rule of all.

Follow these rules, and you will become a hardcore gamer.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
The official Stalfos of the "A link to the Past 3DS" board.
#40pothocketPosted 9/20/2013 12:31:27 PM
You're a hardcore gamer once you consider gaming to be a hobby and realize that labels like "hardcore" and "casual" aren't insults.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson