This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will MS up the USB storage to 64?

#1gilgamesh21Posted 9/20/2013 6:28:10 AM
It sure would be useful if they did. Any chance they will?
#2orangeneePosted 9/20/2013 6:30:00 AM
Doubtful. It'll be on next gen.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#3Ginsu VictimPosted 9/20/2013 9:00:30 AM(edited)
gilgamesh21 posted...
It sure would be useful if they did.

No, it would be useful if they ditched the limit altogether so I can store stuff on a 500 GB or 1 TB hard drive.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#4Dragon NexusPosted 9/20/2013 9:03:53 AM
Ginsu Victim posted...
gilgamesh21 posted...

No, it would be useful if they ditched the limit altogether so I can store stuff on a 500 GB or 1 TB hard drive.

But then how would they sell their hard drives?
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#5Ginsu VictimPosted 9/20/2013 9:15:55 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Ginsu Victim posted...
gilgamesh21 posted...

As an owner of a system with a 250 GB hard drive, I'm not their target. I ran out of room long ago thanks to sales and free games. Let me store my s***!
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#6TheBlueStigPosted 9/20/2013 9:18:45 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Ginsu Victim posted...
gilgamesh21 posted...

They wouldn't need to sell their drives at all if they would put the emulator for the XBox Originals up on the marketplace as a download, make people who actually want it pay a reasonable price for it and call it a day.

Just their free game giveaways are going to come close to filling my 320GB HDD, I've already had to uninstall 95% of my games to make room for the free stuff.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#7gilgamesh21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 2:27:52 AM
Yeah, I'd like to use an external HDD too. Yet that's probably more out of the question then a 64gig bump for the USB sticks.
#8TheBlueStigPosted 9/22/2013 7:48:31 AM
gilgamesh21 posted...
Yeah, I'd like to use an external HDD too. Yet that's probably more out of the question then a 64gig bump for the USB sticks.

You can already do that, you're just limited to 32GB of space for 360 content, plus the drive must be formatted in FAT32 for the 360 to even see it at all.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#9SunDevil77Posted 9/22/2013 7:50:02 AM
Ginsu Victim posted...
gilgamesh21 posted...

At least next gen does.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#10crynryanPosted 9/22/2013 9:23:19 AM
Quote:Yeah, I'd like to use an external HDD too. Yet that's probably more out of the question then a 64gig bump for the USB sticks.
@gilgamesh21

Just partition your drive into 2 separate 32 partitions. The Xbox will see both as separate drives.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)