This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did MS not get the memo that motion gaming was a fad?

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 9/20/2013 9:30:45 AM
It doesn't seem so -- with the forced Kinect in Xbone -- but beyond that Kinect on the 360 has been a total failure and both sales of the Wii and Wii U have tanked in the past calender year -- so why do they still continue with it??

Too much invested at this point?
---
This is a message board to express opinions, idiot.
#2oasisbeyondPosted 9/20/2013 9:48:44 AM
They're mostly gonna use it for navigation and stuff. I don't see much top notch kinect games coming anytime soon. That said, people don't want to wave their arms to change channels and stuff, it's easier with a controller.
#3NeVaRmoorePosted 9/20/2013 10:01:28 AM
Well at least it isn't mandatory to use anymore...just mandatory to buy. ;/
#4glassghost0Posted 9/20/2013 10:04:11 AM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
It doesn't seem so -- with the forced Kinect in Xbone -- but beyond that Kinect on the 360 has been a total failure and both sales of the Wii and Wii U have tanked in the past calender year -- so why do they still continue with it??

-You aren't forced to use the Kinect 2
-Kinect 1 was the world's fastest selling electronics device so I don't really see how it was a failure

You know that PS4 has basically the same thing right? It's just not as pushed as the Kinect is
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#5SkilzMCPosted 9/20/2013 10:10:26 AM
glassghost0 posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

-Kinect 1 was the world's fastest selling electronics device so I don't really see how it was a failure

You know that PS4 has basically the same thing right? It's just not as pushed as the Kinect is

Which is kind of a big deal, so you only have to buy it if you WANT it.
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#6glassghost0Posted 9/20/2013 10:15:53 AM
SkilzMC posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

It's really not that big of a deal, plus they could always reveal a model without it.

If you don't want to pay the extra for the One because you're buying the Kinect too then buy a PS4, problem solved
---
No Thanks
#7SkilzMCPosted 9/20/2013 10:17:53 AM
glassghost0 posted...
SkilzMC posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

It's really not that big of a deal, plus they could always reveal a model without it.

If you don't want to pay the extra for the One because you're buying the Kinect too then buy a PS4, problem solved

Which is what i plan on doing, so it's probably not a good move by Microsoft to alienate their customers by forcing peripherals on their customers.
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#8glassghost0Posted 9/20/2013 10:19:59 AM
SkilzMC posted...

Which is what i plan on doing, so it's probably not a good move by Microsoft to alienate their customers by forcing peripherals on their customers.

Ok...

blogfaqs

Why wouldn't you want the Kinect 2? The basic features alone make it worth it, and it's technically being sold for less that the 1st one was. Do you even have the Kinect 1?
---
No Thanks
#9SkilzMCPosted 9/20/2013 10:24:27 AM
glassghost0 posted...
SkilzMC posted...

Ok...

blogfaqs

Why wouldn't you want the Kinect 2? The basic features alone make it worth it, and it's technically being sold for less that the 1st one was. Do you even have the Kinect 1?

I don't want a motion/voice peripheral... I just don't find the ability to say "Xbox on" from across the room to be worth $100.

Plus,reading 1984 makes you suspicious of technology that has a camera and is always on.

I'm not against the Kinect existing, I'm against being FORCED to buy it if i want an Xbone.
---
- GT Skillz MC
#10glassghost0Posted 9/20/2013 10:26:08 AM
SkilzMC posted...
glassghost0 posted...
SkilzMC posted...

Ok...

blogfaqs

I don't want a motion/voice peripheral... I just don't find the ability to say "Xbox on" from across the room to be worth $100.

Plus,reading 1984 makes you suspicious of technology that has a camera and is always on.

I'm not against the Kinect existing, I'm against being FORCED to buy it if i want an Xbone.

*sigh*

another one afflicted with paranoia
---
No Thanks