This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTA 5 Sales Hit $1 Billion in Three Days...IT JUST KEEPS GOING & GOING!!!!

#11TheBlueStigPosted 9/20/2013 10:50:09 AM
The Meatman posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
The Meatman posted...
orangenee posted...
I'd be rolling around with joy if I worked at R* or was a shareholder.

I'm neither so how it sells is of no interest to me.

A person of sub par intellect doesn't understand that if a game does not sell well, there is a HIGH PROBABILITY that there will be no future installments.

Thus, if you enjoy a game, but the game does not sell well at all, there is no sequel.

Games selling well are no guarantee of a future sequel.

Didn't I post high probability?

In fact, I even capitalized it.

Read what I said, a game could sell millions of copies and make enough money to fill the U.S. Mint, but none of that would guarantee a sequel.

You said if a game does NOT sell well that there would NOT be a sequel, implying that good sales equal sequels, when it doesn't always work that way.

Games selling well are no guarantee of anything, not a future sequel, and definitely not "good games" from the same developer. In fact, most of the time when a developer has a big hit, their next game inevitably ends up sucking ass.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#12The MeatmanPosted 9/20/2013 10:51:23 AM
How can anyone take you seriously?
---
Do you like the taste of meat in your mouth?
#13zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 10:52:50 AM
The Meatman posted...

No one does, it's Stig. He says things that we just like to laugh at.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#14TheBlueStigPosted 9/20/2013 10:58:02 AM
The Meatman posted...

Do you even READ what YOU type before you hit the post button?

You said, point blank, that bad sales = no sequel.

It's a well known FACT of the game industry that good sales do NOT always guarantee sequels, there have been lots of great games that sold very well, but never got sequels.

There have even been games that sold well, had sequels announced, then canceled under claims of "not selling enough".
---
#15The MeatmanPosted 9/20/2013 11:07:29 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
The Meatman posted...

It's a well known FACT of the game industry that good sales do NOT always guarantee sequels, there have been lots of great games that sold very well, but never got sequels.

There have even been games that sold well, had sequels announced, then canceled under claims of "not selling enough".

So because I say that games which sell poorly indicates a high probability of no future installments , means I'm implying that games which sell well, will guarantee a sequel?

Are you sure you want to stick with that argument?
---
#16TheBlueStigPosted 9/20/2013 11:14:32 AM
The Meatman posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
The Meatman posted...

So because I say that games which sell poorly indicates a high probability of no future installments , means I'm implying that games which sell well, will guarantee a sequel?

Yes I am, because there have been games that sold like s***, but got multiple sequels because the people who designed the game had a whole franchise in mind from the very beginning that went beyond just videogames and expanded into plushies, toys, soundtracks, wallscrolls and more.

There are no guarantees in the game industry.
---
#17The MeatmanPosted 9/20/2013 11:15:35 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
The Meatman posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
The Meatman posted...

Yes I am, because there have been games that sold like s***, but got multiple sequels because the people who designed the game had a whole franchise in mind from the very beginning that went beyond just videogames and expanded into plushies, toys, soundtracks, wallscrolls and more.

There are no guarantees in the game industry.

Who said anything about guarantees?
---
#18orangeneePosted 9/20/2013 11:16:21 AM
The Meatman posted...
orangenee posted...

A person of sub par intellect doesn't understand that if a game does not sell well, there is a HIGH PROBABILITY that there will be no future installments.

Thus, if you enjoy a game, but the game does not sell well at all, there is no sequel.

I'll ignore the insult as coming from you it's meaningless. It's the equivalent of Taiwan threatening to invade China, without any tangible merit.

Rayman Origins, sold **** all, got a sequel regardless.

Sales mean nothing to us down here in gamer land, the publishers decide what warrants a sequel based on not only sales but many different variables.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#19The MeatmanPosted 9/20/2013 11:24:12 AM
orangenee posted...
The Meatman posted...
orangenee posted...

I'll ignore the insult as coming from you it's meaningless. It's the equivalent of Taiwan threatening to invade China, without any tangible merit.

Rayman Origins, sold **** all, got a sequel regardless.

Sales mean nothing to us down here in gamer land, the publishers decide what warrants a sequel based on not only sales but many different variables.

Actually I think you were quite upset.
---
#20orangeneePosted 9/20/2013 11:32:09 AM
Decided to skip over the actual point did you?

The U MAD thing won't work, as you just got stomped on again, before I got here in fact.

You need your tag team partner?
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30