This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Woah, woah, woah. GTA V Semi-Spoilers, SC Blacklist Torture

#1glassghost0Posted 9/20/2013 12:14:12 PM
Remember this?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/66808828

The torture scene removed from Splinter Cell Blacklist because it was too dark for our innocent little minds...

A scene where Sam can move the Joy-stick around, digging and twisting a knife into the terrorist in order to get info.

Spoilers!!!!

Oh hey, let's do this mission in GTA V. Choose what weapon you want to torture this guy with, I see a gasoline jug, a monkey wrench, pliers, and a car battery.

It said something like, press B to check the guys health between torture sessions, if you push him too far he may need to be revived with an adrenaline shot.

It's too much to stab someone and move the knife around, but it's ok to have a large variety of actual methods of torture to go about it at your own leisure....

Ok media and game designers....ok.....

I'm not against it, have no problem with it in either game and I find it sad that the scene was removed from Blacklist but love how none of this was ever even mentioned in GTA.
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#2glassghost0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 12:15:39 PM
I just used a pair of pliers to manually rip a guys tooth out.....
---
No Thanks
#3SomnambulisticPosted 9/20/2013 12:15:48 PM
It was mentioned in several articles already, but nobody actually went out and made a big deal about it because it's GTA. If any game series can get away with it, it's that one.
---
(Formerly ElderPredator)
http://i.imgur.com/fMCeqyc.jpg
#4glassghost0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 12:17:34 PM
Somnambulistic posted...
It was mentioned in several articles already, but nobody actually went out and made a big deal about it because it's GTA. If any game series can get away with it, it's that one.

Hmm, never mind, you appear to be right. I'm surprised I hadn't seen anything of it until now.

I guess:

If you show it in early demos there's no way it'll be in the game, but if you keep it under wraps, then it's ok.
---
No Thanks
#5TheBlueStigPosted 9/20/2013 12:17:39 PM
Somnambulistic posted...

Yeah, they're making a big deal about it, a group called "Freedom from Torture" is pissing and moaning about it being in GTA but totally ignore torture scenes being in other games like The Punisher, and MGS. and Far Cry 3.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#6shawnmckPosted 9/20/2013 12:41:18 PM
What I find ridiculous is that some people are trying to compare the methods of torture that are found in GTAV to water-boarding...which isn't the same thing.
It would be like comparing shooting someone with a shotgun to shooting someone with a BB-gun.

For those of you that are clueless, in GTAV, you can...pull someone's teeth out with the pliers, or electrocute them with a car battery, or douse them with gasoline, or beat them with a large-heavy wrench until they are bruised & bloody...

Water-boarding is just covering someone's face with a rag and having them lay down at an incline or up-side-down, so that when you pour water on the rag it feels like they are drowning. They aren't drowning, and the rag can be removed at any time with no permanent injuries. It is basically the sensation of drowning without the actual drowning.

But when you torture someone using the methods found in GTAV, it is permanent, often disfiguring, and potentially fatal.
It's NOT the same thing...but some people act like it is.
Again, it would be like comparing a shotgun wound to a BB-gun wound.
#7glassghost0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 12:52:33 PM(edited)
shawnmck posted...
What I find ridiculous is that some people are trying to compare the methods of torture that are found in GTAV to water-boarding...which isn't the same thing.
It would be like comparing shooting someone with a shotgun to shooting someone with a BB-gun.

For those of you that are clueless, in GTAV, you can...pull someone's teeth out with the pliers, or electrocute them with a car battery, or douse them with gasoline, or beat them with a large-heavy wrench until they are bruised & bloody...

Water-boarding is just covering someone's face with a rag and having them lay down at an incline or up-side-down, so that when you pour water on the rag it feels like they are drowning. They aren't drowning, and the rag can be removed at any time with no permanent injuries. It is basically the sensation of drowning without the actual drowning.

But when you torture someone using the methods found in GTAV, it is permanent, often disfiguring, and potentially fatal.
It's NOT the same thing...but some people act like it is.
Again, it would be like comparing a shotgun wound to a BB-gun wound.

Ummm, you might wanna correct yourself.

I said I see a gasoline jug, but it was actually a jug of water and you actually tip the guy over, cover his face with a rag and DO water-board him

It even said "Use Left Stick to pour water."
---
No Thanks
#8shawnmckPosted 9/20/2013 12:57:22 PM(edited)
glassghost0 posted...

I said I see a gasoline jug, but it was actually a jug of water and you actually tip the guy over, cover his face with a rag and DO water-board him

^ Well, this is awkward.

But I stand corrected, and I appreciate the correction.
I would actually prefer to be corrected than have let information go uncorrected.
So kudos.

But in my defense, I read somewhere that it was actually gasoline.
So thanks for the correction.
#9glassghost0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 12:59:48 PM
shawnmck posted...
glassghost0 posted...

^ Well, this is awkward.

I would actually prefer to be corrected than have let information go uncorrected.
So kudos.

lol, no problem

I totally assumed it was gasoline too, it was the same "jerry can" design that you can buy. I thought I was gonna douse him with gasoline and threaten him with a lighter.

Although, I get the feeling that was the original intention or I was just using very dirty water because the liquid looked of gasoline.
---
No Thanks
#10TheBlueStigPosted 9/20/2013 1:14:44 PM
glassghost0 posted...
shawnmck posted...
glassghost0 posted...

^ Well, this is awkward.

So kudos.

lol, no problem

I totally assumed it was gasoline too, it was the same "jerry can" design that you can buy. I thought I was gonna douse him with gasoline and threaten him with a lighter.

Although, I get the feeling that was the original intention or I was just using very dirty water because the liquid looked of gasoline.

I would imagine they wanted to somewhat re-create the scene from Reservoir Dogs.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.