This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is GTA5 really that good?

#11Gunvalkyrie2Posted 9/20/2013 3:07:58 PM
do u like being a pretend gangster?
---
This is a message board to express opinions, idiot.
#12Yorkshire_14Posted 9/20/2013 3:08:41 PM
If I rent it would I be able to finish it a week and how long is it?
---
Currently Playing: Skyrim
#13HandGodPosted 9/20/2013 3:08:49 PM
I loved 4, but 5 should easily appease fans of both styles that have been presented between SA and 4. There's a lot of side stuff and Trevor is like R*'s way of giving the fans some of the craziness back that 4 was really missing. It's not Saints Row kind of ridiculous and it doesn't veer towards the absurd like SA did back in the day, but still... it's something. It's a solid game, and it's easily getting better the more I play it.
#14DougEInstructorPosted 9/20/2013 9:13:39 PM
I am waiting until they get multiplayer working. The fact that this wasn't ready at launch is outrageous. Get your act together rockstar!
#15CaIiber345Posted 9/20/2013 9:58:21 PM
DougEInstructor posted...
I am waiting until they get multiplayer working. The fact that this wasn't ready at launch is outrageous. Get your act together rockstar!

It's not outrageous. It's perfectly fine.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/423020/gta-v-interview-rockstar-north-president-leslie-benzies-on-gta-online/
---
http://minus.com/ll6Wx5NemvtlV
GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting
#16Dark_SpiretPosted 9/20/2013 11:02:59 PM
im not too far in it, but overall its much better than 4 of which i didnt really like either. driving is tighter (tho not as good as id like still), its visual aesthetic is far more pleasing, its shooting feels better, theres more to do in the world and just in general it seems like its improved in nearly every way and in general it doesnt feel as serious as 4 did, but this can also depend on specifics as to why you didnt like 4.

Yorkshire_14 posted...
If I rent it would I be able to finish it a week and how long is it?
From what iv heard JUST the core story missions are between 25-30hours. double for all the side stuff and triple for general exploration and messing around (like the minigames). Im sure you could manage that in a week, but generally the core story isnt the strong point of an open world rockstar game. plus you have missions scores for replays and the online component is coming soon. this is one of the biggest "buys" iv seen a few years.
---
Currently playing: Shadow Warrior Redux - Parasite Eve 2
#17IAMTH3GUYVERPosted 9/21/2013 12:18:09 AM
I don't know why people are complaining about GTA 4. I loved it! I loved the characters, Vladivostok FM, the NYC setting. I could go on.
---
"Boys screamed and girls screamed. So I made him scream, and scream, and scream..." ~ SPAWN
#18pakathecatPosted 9/21/2013 2:34:37 AM
I loved SA and gave up quickly on IV. So far, V is a mixed bag for me. I'm not that far in, mostly messing around. Big and really gorgeous map. Interesting too-- lots of little events, fun to just watch what is going on.

On the flip side, not crazy about a few things. The controls, particularly the driving controls, are a bit annoying. Big gripe though is heat and the cops in this one-- you can find tons of ranting about it on the game's boards, but the short of it is, they are extremely aggressive this time, and heat is easy to get and hard to lose.

TBH, it hasn't grabbed me as quickly as Saints Row 2-4 did. Just one person's opinion, though. And I do like the map better.

I'd agree to try to find a way to try it out first before buying.
#19bossk5Posted 9/21/2013 5:51:11 AM(edited)
Yes... It's really that good. Nothing released has come close to comparing. It's not a Playstation exclusive though so it won't get nearly the love it deserves here on gamefaqs.
---
I buy used games. Piss&MoanFaqs
#20Ginsu VictimPosted 9/21/2013 5:51:15 AM
pakathecat posted...
heat is easy to get and hard to lose.

I have more fun trying to lose the cops now than ever. Someone compared it to hide and seek. I love the new police AI.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)