This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does Microsoft charge for cloud services when Apple's and Google's are free?

#1levyjl1988Posted 9/22/2013 3:14:37 PM
Xbox 360 cloud services are terrible and come at a cost of Xbox Live Gold. The quality isn't that good, syncing can take forever and rarely used often with limited availability.

However looking on Apple sides of things, their cloud services are free and so are Googles, though you can pay for more space.

Sure Microsoft and Sony's efforts are terrible, but when ones subscription is ended you cannot update or retrieve the save files. Your locked out of it. This is kinda disappointing.
---
I hate games with bad game design
#2infinitexxPosted 9/22/2013 3:17:23 PM
No competition.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#3joshl94Posted 9/22/2013 3:27:58 PM
Micro$oft
---
Palutena and Ashley for Smash.
#4beutlich99Posted 9/22/2013 3:45:00 PM
Because people keep paying for it. If gamers decided to stop paying for it and use something else, MS would be forced to reevaluate their current setup.
#5djwagonPosted 9/22/2013 3:49:34 PM
i maybe wrong here but is not google part of mircosoft
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#6SunDevil77Posted 9/22/2013 3:55:28 PM
djwagon posted...
i maybe wrong here but is not google part of mircosoft

They're in direct competition with Live/Outlook/Hotmail and Gmail, as well as Bing vs Google. And phones.

But it's the same for all gaming systems, iirc. You have to have PS+ for Sony's cloud saves as well.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#7scoobydoobydontPosted 9/22/2013 4:00:47 PM
You don't pay for cloud saving, cloud saving is a freebie for paying customers who are already buying Gold. I know this distinction means little to the entitled, but too bad deal with it.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#8Kevk10Posted 9/22/2013 4:45:42 PM
Microsoft has skydrive which is totally free to save documents like google and apple. Maybe I'm not understanding what the TC is saying.
---
Buffalo NY
Chi Bulls - Buf Bills - Buckeyes
#9sonic51489Posted 9/22/2013 4:50:54 PM
You have to with PS3's as well and with next gen I can assume the same will happen yet again
---
Rikkka66: It's such a pain chasing after a burning medic while screaming "Come back! I need to blow you!" into the mic.
#10infinitexxPosted 9/22/2013 4:58:22 PM
Kevk10 posted...
Microsoft has skydrive which is totally free to save documents like google and apple. Maybe I'm not understanding what the TC is saying.

He's comparing 360 cloud saving to iphone and android options from what I can tell.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.