This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does Microsoft charge for cloud services when Apple's and Google's are free?

#11TheBlueStigPosted 9/22/2013 5:20:09 PM
levyjl1988 posted...
Xbox 360 cloud services are terrible and come at a cost of Xbox Live Gold.

Awwww, did mommy and daddy refuse to pay for your gold renewal?

Are you seriously f***ing b****ing about paying for Gold....AGAIN ? ? ?

Either get a job and pay for your own Gold, or get your ass on Bing and make Microsoft pay for your Gold.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#12orangeneePosted 9/22/2013 5:22:18 PM
Of all the other stuff they hide behind a pay wall, this is the least annoying.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#13RenamonPosted 9/23/2013 5:41:46 AM
beutlich99 posted...
Because people keep paying for it. If gamers decided to stop paying for it and use something else, MS would be forced to reevaluate their current setup.

It DOES cost money for companies to do pretty much anything, just because the end user doesn't see it, and competitiors can do it for cheaper, doesn't mean it isn't there. If making cloud saves free would make MS take a loss of even $50/month per customer, and if XBL had 1M members, that would be a overall loss of 600B a year, so how would they recoup that loss? More advertising? Raising the cost of XBL itself?
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#14flame030191Posted 9/23/2013 5:45:49 AM
Because Microsoft doesn't really allow anything for free.

Stop paying for Gold. What are you left with? Single player gaming and downloading items at full price, correct? They take out party chat, app usage, multiplayer (even those that don't use MS's servers), sales on marketplace items, cloud storage, etc.

Why should they only move one feature, especially the one feature the competition doesn't allow for free?
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Call of Duty 2 is still the best of the series.
#15dementedlullabyPosted 9/23/2013 6:13:02 AM
Sony charges for their cloud service as well.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#16NeoGeoXSegaPosted 9/23/2013 1:21:58 PM
djwagon posted...
i maybe wrong here but is not google part of mircosoft

They WILL BE!

Soon, soon!
---
Austin Powers rocks!
http://i.minus.com/iB8tNWOJUBBtH.gif
#17Super CreaturesPosted 9/23/2013 10:08:31 PM
flame030191 posted...
Stop paying for Gold. What are you left with? Single player gaming and downloading items at full price, correct? They take out party chat, app usage, multiplayer (even those that don't use MS's servers), sales on marketplace items, cloud storage, etc.

Quit repeatedly spreading BS, you have been told numerous times that ONLY DotW is Gold-exclusive, ALL OTHER SALES are available to all XBL accounts, including free accounts.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#18flame030191Posted 9/23/2013 10:19:08 PM
Super Creatures posted...
flame030191 posted...

Quit repeatedly spreading BS, you have been told numerous times that ONLY DotW is Gold-exclusive, ALL OTHER SALES are available to all XBL accounts, including free accounts.

And how many of these sales are there, once, maybe twice a month? Generally everything that MS puts on sale is gold exclusive. Compare that to anyone else (Steam, Origin, Amazon, PSN, Nintendo Network, etc) and they're in the losing field as each of them have a ton of sales every week for every member, even if they're not a paying member.
---
#19TheBlueStigPosted 9/23/2013 10:23:30 PM
flame030191 posted...
And how many of these sales are there, once, maybe twice a month?

Every single week for the last 6 months or more there have been things on sale that were NOT restricted to just Gold.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#20flame030191Posted 9/23/2013 11:34:55 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
flame030191 posted...
And how many of these sales are there, once, maybe twice a month?

Every single week for the last 6 months or more there have been things on sale that were NOT restricted to just Gold.

Every time I look there's only DOTW, "Value" (which is actually full priced cheaper items) and "Games With Gold". I'm actually surprised they put, what, 5 games on sale for everyone this week?

Other than that, I've only noticed that most of the Rocksmith items aren't restricted, where just about everything else is.
---