This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Microsoft started banning GT who performed marketplace exploits...

#1levyjl1988Posted 9/22/2013 7:16:05 PM
A 48 page + on the topic on it. So people who exploited by changing their country to get free games or DLC.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=683505

Seems pretty harsh but Microsoft does know how to turn it's customers to loyal Sony fans from now on.
---
I hate games with bad game design
#2VeryDarkSoulPosted 9/22/2013 7:21:20 PM
I'm glad Microsoft took action against people trying to cheat the system but a ban is harsh to me. Just take away the games.
---
Ron Paul 2012
#3Enix BelmontPosted 9/22/2013 7:21:57 PM
According to the last post in that topic, it was proven that the guy was lying
---
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.
#4jsplisimPosted 9/22/2013 7:23:35 PM
People went nuts with the Oman thing...
---
There's the deltoids of compassion; There's the abs of being kind.
It's not enough to bash in heads, you've got to bash in minds...
#5DxZ99Posted 9/22/2013 7:24:10 PM
Maybe somebody snitched on him? Like if he had his GT displayed on that forum, someone jealous, ect reported him.
---
''I couldn't help but notice your pain!''
''It runs deep, share it with me!''
#6DougEInstructorPosted 9/22/2013 7:31:46 PM(edited)
I downloaded angry birds for free using a russian account or something awhile back am I screwed? You think if I delete it I will be off the hook? The sad part is I didn't even really want it and I havent even played the damn thing at all.

EDIT: Now that I checked I did play the game since it shows 0/60 achievements. I must have launched it after I downloaded it. Oh well if I get banned for this I will 100% be getting a PS4 I was on the fence about it before but not so much now.
#7Enix BelmontPosted 9/22/2013 7:27:05 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8TheBlueStigPosted 9/22/2013 7:29:31 PM
Now how many people said this would never happen?
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#9VeryDarkSoulPosted 9/22/2013 8:01:22 PM
DougEInstructor posted...
I downloaded angry birds for free using a russian account or something awhile back am I screwed? You think if I delete it I will be off the hook? The sad part is I didn't even really want it and I havent even played the damn thing at all.

EDIT: Now that I checked I did play the game since it shows 0/60 achievements. I must have launched it after I downloaded it. Oh well if I get banned for this I will 100% be getting a PS4 I was on the fence about it before but not so much now.

you can delete it off your achievements if you have 0 gamer score
---
Ron Paul 2012
#10infinitexxPosted 9/22/2013 8:03:05 PM
DougEInstructor posted...

Armed men are going to break into your home and black bag you while you're sleeping, then drag you off to one of Microsoft's secret detention facilities.

There's just nothing that can be done to prevent it at this point.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.