This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What game is the 360's swan song?

#1aj4x94Posted 9/23/2013 8:03:24 PM
In a little less than two months, both next gen consoles come out, ushering in the official start of the 8th generation. So what game would you consider the 360's last big hit to send it off?

I guess it's Halo 4. Or GTA V
---
Playing: The Last of Us, System Shock 2, GTA V, Siren Blood Curse, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#2BlazingxPaddlesPosted 9/23/2013 8:08:01 PM
None. They don't have any notable exclusives coming out on the 360 that's a triple A title. There are multiplat games like GTAV, Batman, and Dark Souls 2 out, or on the way. But, they really don't count.
#3PaperCogFlimsyPosted 9/23/2013 8:11:50 PM
Eschatos hands down

Feel free to close the topic now
---
$ONY: Only Does What Nintendo Did
#4x2link777Posted 9/23/2013 8:15:15 PM
Honestly, MS just isn't that great at supporting their "last gen" console when they have the next one coming out soon. The last years of the Xbox were barren from them, and it's pretty much the same with the 360. As much as I loved the Xbox line, that's one thing Sony has done right from the get-go, that MS should really try to emulate, namely actually continuing support for their current gen console up to, and after launch of the next gen.
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!
#5ShuraYukihimePosted 9/23/2013 8:28:47 PM
x2link777 posted...
Honestly, MS just isn't that great at supporting their "last gen" console when they have the next one coming out soon. The last years of the Xbox were barren from them, and it's pretty much the same with the 360. As much as I loved the Xbox line, that's one thing Sony has done right from the get-go, that MS should really try to emulate, namely actually continuing support for their current gen console up to, and after launch of the next gen.

Based on the only example of this. Also they weren't solely to blame. IIRC Nvidia had a hand in the original Xbox dying as fast as it did.

How well was the PS1 supported once the PS2 came out? How well was the GCN supported once the Wii came out? SNES to N64? N64 to GCN? GBA to DS? PSP to VITA?

Even the PS2 didn't receive great support once the PS3 hit.
---
I'm searching the city for sci fi wasabi.
#6x2link777Posted 9/23/2013 8:34:22 PM
ShuraYukihime posted...
Based on the only example of this. Also they weren't solely to blame. IIRC Nvidia had a hand in the original Xbox dying as fast as it did.

How well was the PS1 supported once the PS2 came out? How well was the GCN supported once the Wii came out? SNES to N64? N64 to GCN? GBA to DS? PSP to VITA?

Both the PS1 and PS2 were supported for years after their next iterations came out. The PSP was outright dropped at the end because it was dead in the USA at the time, thanks to it's lifetime of being hacked to hell and back. And I specifically mentioned Sony, so I really don't know why you brought up Nintendo, they are the worst of the 3.
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!
#7ShuraYukihimePosted 9/23/2013 8:36:14 PM
x2link777 posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...

Both the PS1 and PS2 were supported for years after their next iterations came out. The PSP was outright dropped at the end because it was dead in the USA at the time, thanks to it's lifetime of being hacked to hell and back. And I specifically mentioned Sony, so I really don't know why you brought up Nintendo, they are the worst of the 3.

I brought up Nintendo because you brought up Sony.

MS has had one past example. If you plan on judging them on that then why bring up Sony?
---
I'm searching the city for sci fi wasabi.
#8x2link777Posted 9/23/2013 8:43:29 PM
ShuraYukihime posted...
I brought up Nintendo because you brought up Sony.

MS has had one past example. If you plan on judging them on that then why bring up Sony?

Because Sony has actually been good about it from their first console. And bringing up Nintendo was completely stupid as it served no purpose but to try and derail my point. And MS may have had only one "example" but seriously, look at the 360 right now. Outside of third party, it's completely dead. But anyway, it seems you just want to argue some fanboy logic of "wah MS aint abandoning, look at Nintendo" so good day. Blocked.
---
#9frater_davidPosted 9/23/2013 9:47:58 PM
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
/topic
#10slyman19Posted 9/23/2013 10:16:39 PM
x2link777 posted...

I really hate when Sony releases big games on their last gen console in its final year. Sony has always had awful first year lineups for their consoles, but that could be remedied by putting most/all of their resources into their new console.