This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games you almost quit but you're glad you kept playing?

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 9/23/2013 10:13:44 PM
I really liked the ending to Remember Me. The story is really something else.. the combat grows a bit stale, and the back drops goes from dazzling Neo Paris to "indoors-bland-sci fi" for the final thrid of the game - but the pay off was worth it.

What a game.
---
This is a message board to express opinions, idiot.
#2glassghost0Posted 9/23/2013 10:17:14 PM
Took me like 2+ years, 2 disc copies and 1 digital copy to finally get into Red Dead Redemption, beat it, and like it
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#3TheBlueStigPosted 9/23/2013 10:58:42 PM
Doom 3, PC version, it took a concentrated effort (and a flashlight mod for the weapons) to finally beat the singleplayer.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#4TBD2009Posted 9/23/2013 11:02:01 PM
Super Meat Boy. That game became the bane of my existence for a solid month, because I wanted to 100% ~everything~. I eventually did, and it felt pretty awesome.

But there were several (and I mean several) times I wanted to just quit, because of the insane difficulty. It was the first time in over a decade that I actually did throw the controller, in a huff (just against my bed, not a wall or anything that would break it), after failing the same stage for the hundredth time.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PSUTerra
#5SkilzMCPosted 9/23/2013 11:11:04 PM
Fallout 3, I got really bored with it about 6 hours in, let a friend borrow for a few weeks. When I got it back I bowled right through it and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

This might happen to me with Mass Effect as well, I started ME1 and I really hated it and I haven't gone back yet.
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#6Astaroth211Posted 9/24/2013 12:07:09 AM
Minecraft, quit playing for about 5 months since an update made my world, which I had put hundreds of hours into at that point, pretty much redundant. Got back into it though and put up with all the stuff i'd be missing out on and now have a world that i'm very proud of.
---
./_\ .('''' ''''|'''' /_\ ..|''') /'''\ ''''|'''' |_|211
/ ....\ _)...|../..... \.|'''\ \_/....|...|....| GT: Astaroth1337
#7flame030191Posted 9/24/2013 1:14:56 AM
I can't think of any Xbox game that'd fit this description, but MAG on PS3 would definitely fit here. At first, I was wanting a larger CoD game. When I bought MAG and realized it had 4 modes without CoD's feel, I was disappointed and sold it. I later re-purchased it and to this day, it's my favorite online experience. Sad that it's dying out now.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Call of Duty 2 is still the best of the series.
#8speedfactorPosted 9/24/2013 1:29:12 AM
Deadly Premonition

God that introduction/first combat section sucked bad.. but thankfully I kept going as the story was pretty awesome.
---
Empty Sig.
#9DeathSoul2000Posted 9/24/2013 1:53:36 AM
BK. My god that game is crap for like the first 10 hours with nothing decent to build, but as you slowly get more parts and acquire more and more Mumbo crates, the game eventually becomes immensely satisfying. Finally earning those super parts so your creations don't look like junk was a great feeling.
#10LapanuiPosted 9/24/2013 2:36:47 AM
Dark Souls, I got it on release day. Had no idea what I was doing in the game, I spent hours attempting to get to the next bonfire and kept dying.

I gave up pretty quickly. I actually started playing from the start last July, still haven't finished it though, way too many games to play at the moment, but I got to Anor Londo and it's a really great game.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1