This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Free To Play Xbox Live game Ascend out on the 25th

#51Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 7:28:14 AM
simonbelmont2 posted...
Hopefully the combination of decent combat and gameplay mechanics like ascending, banishing etc will keep things interesting for a few weeks.

There is also a rumour the devs are going to add some proper PvP at some stage which would be nice. I take it with a pinch of salt though and we shall see what happens.

Dang now I'm quite excited to try it out after work. How many enemies can you fight at once, is it a few like Fable or depends on situation.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#52simonbelmont2Posted 9/26/2013 7:37:49 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
Hopefully the combination of decent combat and gameplay mechanics like ascending, banishing etc will keep things interesting for a few weeks.

There is also a rumour the devs are going to add some proper PvP at some stage which would be nice. I take it with a pinch of salt though and we shall see what happens.

Dang now I'm quite excited to try it out after work. How many enemies can you fight at once, is it a few like Fable or depends on situation.

I only played it for an hour but so far I've been in fights with around five-seven enemies at a time which is not bad. I had a couple of sorcerer types pelting me with spells and a bunch of troll midget guys hacking at me with melee. It gets fun when another player banishes enemies to your world as it obviously ups the number of enemies on-screen. I guess it does depend on the situation, the troll guys usually seem to appear in groups of at least four or five.

My only concern is if the game lacks enemy variety it could get tedious fighting trolls, wizards and wolves over and over again. Now and again a bigger boss-type foe turns up which adds a little bit of variety though, Enemy invaders may also add some diversity too.

The gameplay stuff like banishing, cursing etc sounds fun but I don't know if it is deep enough to last for weeks. It could all be really shallow and get old quick but time will tell. PvP would definitely add some longevity.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#53simonbelmont2Posted 9/26/2013 7:41:28 AM
In a nutshell it's a fun game but I can't say if I'd still want to play it in two weeks or a month from now.
---
#54Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 7:42:53 AM
I sure hope it doesn't get boring in a few weeks, I got bored of Sparticus real quick though.
---
Because I can buy both.
#55simonbelmont2Posted 9/26/2013 7:49:07 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
I sure hope it doesn't get boring in a few weeks, I got bored of Sparticus real quick though.

Lol, yeah Spartacus looked like the kind of game I'd get bored of real quick, I didn't bother to try it out. I liked the idea though!

Shadow of Rome is still my favorite game with gladiatorial combat.
---
#56simonbelmont2Posted 9/26/2013 7:54:49 AM
Let me know what you think of the game when you play it, I'd like to get some impressions from other players.
---
#57Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 7:54:51 AM
simonbelmont2 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

Lol, yeah Spartacus looked like the kind of game I'd get bored of real quick, I didn't bother to try it out. I liked the idea though!

Shadow Of Rome was amazing I do agree.
---
Because I can buy both.
#58simonbelmont2Posted 9/26/2013 7:55:27 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

Shadow Of Rome was amazing I do agree.

Yeah, I loved it. It was also quite difficult in certain sections.
---