This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your first gaming love!

#1SkilzMCPosted 9/24/2013 1:15:16 PM(edited)
The first and only game I've ever been majorly hooked on was CoD MW3. Getting a MOAB is rewarding every time.

What was your first gaming love?
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#2UltraCiggyPosted 9/24/2013 1:17:34 PM
First gaming love would be Mario or Pac-Man.

First online game love would be Counter-strike. I still play it to this day and is the best online game of all time (in my opinion which might as well be fact).
#3simonbelmont2Posted 9/24/2013 1:20:24 PM
Strider was my first gaming love, I used to play it all the time in the arcades when it was released. Rolling Thunder was another game that I loved from back then.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#4SheepinatorPosted 9/24/2013 1:24:46 PM
simonbelmont2 posted...
Strider was my first gaming love, I used to play it all the time in the arcades when it was released. Rolling Thunder was another game that I loved from back then.

Mr. Do, R-Type, and Track and Field (with joysticks). Mr. Do is still a great game now, IMO. One or two of the sequels were good too (though one was crap).
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#5simonbelmont2Posted 9/24/2013 1:27:15 PM
Sheepinator posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...

Mr. Do, R-Type, and Track and Field (with joysticks). Mr. Do is still a great game now, IMO. One or two of the sequels were good too (though one was crap).

I never got a chance to play Mr. Do which is odd, I loved Track and Field and R-Type though! Playing those games in the old arcades was a great experience. Some others I loved were Outrun, Operation Wolf, the original Streetfighter, Ikari Warriors and Galaga.
---
#6SheepinatorPosted 9/24/2013 1:31:26 PM
simonbelmont2 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...

I never got a chance to play Mr. Do which is odd, I loved Track and Field and R-Type though! Playing those games in the old arcades was a great experience. Some others I loved were Outrun, Operation Wolf, the original Streetfighter, Ikari Warriors and Galaga.

I liked those too, especially Galaga. Ever played Gorf? I also loved Amidar, Super Sprint and Power Drift. I could unlock a jet in that game but nobody believed it existed.
---
#7SheepinatorPosted 9/24/2013 1:33:46 PM
Mr.Do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czKx1BwfuAk

Can't believe I forgot to mention Robotron too. So many classics!
---
#8simonbelmont2Posted 9/24/2013 1:40:58 PM
Sheepinator posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...

I liked those too, especially Galaga. Ever played Gorf? I also loved Amidar, Super Sprint and Power Drift. I could unlock a jet in that game but nobody believed it existed.

I didn't play Gorf sadly but I do remember Power Drift and Robotron. Golden Axe was great in the arcade too!
---
#9simonbelmont2Posted 9/24/2013 1:42:16 PM
Sheepinator posted...
Mr.Do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czKx1BwfuAk

Can't believe I forgot to mention Robotron too. So many classics!

Thanks for the video, I also forgot to mention Paperboy!
---
#10BDzaPosted 9/24/2013 1:51:06 PM
My first gaming love was probably Megaman 1.

While I did enjoy Galaga, Pac-Man, and some Atari games none them really hooked me. No game before Megaman could hold my interest for more than a few hours or maybe a day.

When I got a hold of Megaman, things changed. It was the gaming bug that bit me and infected me with a fascination of video games. It was the first game I tried so hard to beat but could never make it, yet I kept on playing. It would be years later before I finally completed Megaman 1. At the time it was my obsession...until I got Megaman 2.
---
<G>A Brother who always helps the widow's son; are you a traveling man too?<G>
Addicted to->FE: Awakening