This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My Consoles Banned

#161BeatingU2DeathPosted 9/29/2013 5:51:33 PM
join the club of being banned ( free games an theft fo life)
---
________( )====()_____________________.
_iiiii__/'''''''''[{]''''''''{_ ][ _}''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''.
#162Enix BelmontPosted 9/30/2013 2:03:14 AM
I feel really bad for TC. Did you try to fight it? On xbox.com forums, calling xbox support, etc
---
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.
#163656stoogePosted 9/30/2013 2:09:26 AM
Enix Belmont posted...
I feel really bad for TC. Did you try to fight it? On xbox.com forums, calling xbox support, etc

You can't fight it. Ever. MS just sticks their fingers in their ears and pretends they can't hear you. They won't even go into any detail on why you were banned. They just copy and paste some clause from the ToU.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#164Enix BelmontPosted 9/30/2013 2:24:58 AM
656stooge posted...
Enix Belmont posted...

You can't fight it. Ever. MS just sticks their fingers in their ears and pretends they can't hear you. They won't even go into any detail on why you were banned. They just copy and paste some clause from the ToU.

I suggest everyone affected try to make this into a big deal and get sites like Kotaku and Destructoid reporting on it. Negative press at this stage for microsoft isn't something they need. One of the achievement hunter guys got banned on his main account and he's doing everything in his power to fight it, supposedly xbox support claimed even playing out of region games is banworthy, which is absolutely nonsense.

I'm not affected myself but this is something that needs more attention, and as someone who has been an xbox one defender and has both PS4 and xbox one on reserve, this kind of standpoint towards stuff even when xbox one is region free scares the hell out of me and is legitimately making me consider cancelling.
---
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.
#165SoincMetal(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 6:52:45 AM
No i haven't fought it, never really like to fight battles i know i can't win. I haven't turned my 360 on since then it can still play games but whats the point.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#166FocianPosted 9/30/2013 6:59:13 AM
That sucks, dude. I know console barely are *very* rarely overturned, but I hope you get some kind of positive resolution.

(Assuming it was for downloading free games from other regions)It would really make sense for MSFT to simply ban the account from the alternate region. It would cancel the ability to play the game (I think) and allow users to continue to spend money on XBLG & XBLA.

It seems a little heavy handed, and punishes users who, in my opinion*, don't deserve to have to go out and buy a new console just to access their licences.

It's a bad situation you're in, bud, here's hoping for *some* kind of positive resolution.

[* - My opinion is not representative of MSFT, unfortunately...]
---
GT/PSN: Focian
The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect; So hard to earn, so easily burned.
#167singhellotakuPosted 9/30/2013 4:33:01 PM
meh, you commited fraud, a ban is perfectly reasonable.
#168scoobydoobydontPosted 9/30/2013 5:21:26 PM
So, small update... unless they delay console bans, my console is okay after all. Just the Oman account was banned, so I guess that's good.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#169SheepinatorPosted 9/30/2013 5:26:56 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
So, small update... unless they delay console bans, my console is okay after all. Just the Oman account was banned, so I guess that's good.

I haven't heard of anyone reporting bans since Friday. I thought nothing of that on the weekend, but none today too. That's from checking here, GAF and TA.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#170VandorLeePosted 9/30/2013 5:33:24 PM
If i have a Japanese demo, from a Japanese account i made, that got a month of gold free, is there any chance of being banned?

I understand the reason for gold games but the punishment is nothing short of extreme.

Im more than positive that if people knew that this was against the TOS they wouldnt have done it.
---
"God didn't create humans... No!, Its humans who created God"
"Dr. Londez, "Cowboy Bebop: Brain Scratch (#1.23)" (1999)