This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about the recent bannings going on.

#1DougEInstructorPosted 9/25/2013 7:39:55 PM
I didn't download Rayman Legends or Injustice and I don't pirate games but I did download that stupid Angry Birds game which I deeply regret. I didn't really want it but I was like hey free #$%&! I've since deleted the game but I don't think that will do anything and I'm scared I might be next to get banned. I have bought a ton of dlc and avatar items over the years and I've unlocked every avatar award for all the games that own. I also have a rather large gamerscore that thanks to xbox rewards gives me 3% back on all my purchases. What will happen to these things if I get banned? I have my gamesaves on a thumbnail but what will happen to all the other digital stuff I've collected over the years? Is there a way to save them?
#2DxZ99Posted 9/25/2013 7:49:27 PM
Are you prepared for the heat? The banhammer shows no mercy, and has no soul.
---
''I couldn't help but notice your pain!''
''It runs deep, share it with me!''
#3SheepinatorPosted 9/25/2013 8:01:15 PM
That we know of, one person has been banned for as yet unspecified reasons. Others talking about this were shown to be pirates and trolls. No other forum is buzzing about this, including the official ban forum on Live.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#4DougEInstructor(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 8:01:25 PM
DxZ99 posted...
Are you prepared for the heat? The banhammer shows no mercy, and has no soul.

I am prepared to be 100% committed to Sony during the next console generation if they do ban me I think a lot of people will make the switch too. The sad part is I was leaning toward the xbox one and I would have dumped a ton of cash into that console like I did with the 360. If I do get banned I won't go down without a fight though I will go OFF on that xbox live customer service rep lol thats gonna be fun. I love screaming at people that barely speak English.
#5Ginsu VictimPosted 9/25/2013 8:03:40 PM
No one has been banned for downloading free games. Quit freaking out.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#6simonbelmont2Posted 9/26/2013 5:34:54 AM
Yeah, I still doubt many people will get banned over this, it would be foolish for MS to turn away paying customers right now.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#7chrish909Posted 9/26/2013 5:50:49 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8RockguyKevPosted 9/26/2013 6:43:51 AM
I find it super awesome that people threaten to switch to Sony if they get in trouble for stealing from Microsoft.

You sound like an abusive husband.
#9orangeneePosted 9/26/2013 6:50:07 AM
RockguyKev posted...
I find it super awesome that people threaten to switch to Sony if they get in trouble for stealing from Microsoft.

Most were going to anyway, this would just be the clincher.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#10DarthOdinPosted 9/26/2013 7:27:19 AM
orangenee posted...
RockguyKev posted...

Most were going to anyway, this would just be the clincher.

How would this be a clincher? Stealing then getting banned? Please they deserve it.
---
GT: Evil Metalbeast