This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about the recent bannings going on.

#11orangeneePosted 9/26/2013 7:32:11 AM
So picking stuff up tabled free is stealing is it?

I'll now walk the high street with heightened suspicion.

Buy one get one free! Take the free one and you go to prison for twenty years.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#12temgunPosted 9/26/2013 7:32:31 AM
RockguyKev posted...
I find it super awesome that people threaten to switch to Sony if they get in trouble for stealing from Microsoft.

You sound like an abusive husband.

Hardly downright stealing. It's a pricing error. People will do anything to get stuff for really cheap or free. People have done this on PSN and nothing. Many people have done this on Live as well (AC3 in China) and nothing. In various other online stores, people jump into insane deals. There was a Bethesda pack that included pretty much everything Bethesda on Gamersgate for I think $8? Obviously it was a pricing error, but absolutely everyone jumped into it. The whole site died and many people who really didn't even care for the games got it just because it was cheap. Afterwards Gamersgate publicly said that it was a pricing error, it was their fault and everyone can keep everything they bought. This has never been an issue in any other online store ever, but now it is. People want to get the best deal, that's just how people are. It's no wonder why so many people on Steam have huge backlogs of games they don't really even want to play.
#13googlerPosted 9/26/2013 12:08:29 PM
DarthOdin posted...
orangenee posted...
RockguyKev posted...
I find it super awesome that people threaten to switch to Sony if they get in trouble for stealing from Microsoft.

You sound like an abusive husband.

Most were going to anyway, this would just be the clincher.

How would this be a clincher? Stealing then getting banned? Please they deserve it.

except that they didn't steal it. Imagine you were getting rid of a bunch of old furniture and junk your house and your wife or whoever accidentally leaves the stuff you wanted to sell outside with a sign reading "free". Stealing is when something has a price on it and you sneak it into your coat and walk out. When you take a bunch of money out of a lock box, when a bank forecloses on a home it didn't even have the papers to, or when say you in good faith use a credit card on live only to have the "recurring billing" schtick happen which is tantamount to giving someone money to buying you something and they not giving back the change because you didn't specifically tell them you wanted the change back
#14grimmdaddyPosted 9/26/2013 12:38:08 PM
If they wanted YOU to be able to have it you'd probably be able to download it with your main account and not a dummy one
#15SheepinatorPosted 9/26/2013 12:48:25 PM
grimmdaddy posted...
If they wanted YOU to be able to have it you'd probably be able to download it with your main account and not a dummy one

Apparently you don't realize this is how their licensing system has always worked. It's by design.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#16googlerPosted 9/26/2013 1:25:24 PM
And whether this was ETHICAL or not is open to interpretation, but regardless its millions of miles from being close to being even for MS illegally and unconstitutionally conspiring with the federal government not to mention all its marketing partners to whore its customers out so they're in no position to complain about or even in the position in the first place to define what "theft" is
#17Neo1661Posted 9/26/2013 1:37:44 PM
No one is being banned for downloading those games! People who are saying they've been banned...have been banned for completely different reasons.
---
RIP big guy ;(
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2013/07/ryandavis530.jpg
#18SoincMetalPosted 9/26/2013 1:59:49 PM
Neo1661 posted...
No one is being banned for downloading those games! People who are saying they've been banned...have been banned for completely different reasons.

dud you have no idea wat ur talking about. Just stfu.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#19Neo1661Posted 9/26/2013 2:40:26 PM
SoincMetal posted...
Neo1661 posted...

dud you have no idea wat ur talking about. Just stfu.

From your rash reply I take it you've been banned? Yeah most probably for ****ing pirating and not doing exploit! The exploits which loads of people have done many times over last few years with no repercussions.
---
RIP big guy ;(
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2013/07/ryandavis530.jpg
#20SheepinatorPosted 9/26/2013 2:48:07 PM
SoincMetal was banned. He has not clarified whether he did anything like creating multiple alts to download the games multiple times, or engaging in any other activity which could result in a ban (mods, playing with modders, trying to sell content, etc.).
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.