This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the 360 already an abandoned console?

#1HelmesSeiferPosted 9/27/2013 9:52:07 AM
There are almost no big games coming out for the 360 in the near future, especially exclusives. Any games that are coming out can be found on other consoles including the next gen ones. 2014 holds nothing as far as I know...
---
Xbox live Gamertag: CaptainMiles
PSN: AdmiralMiles
#2simonbelmont2Posted 9/27/2013 10:08:47 AM
There are still plenty of good games coming out for the system, the fact they are not exclusives is not really a big deal for me. Next year alone has Dark Souls 2, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, Metal Gear Solid, Destiny etc.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#3BBBanks03Posted 9/27/2013 10:24:38 AM
No, itís not. /topic
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#4ARsignal11Posted 9/27/2013 10:48:10 AM(edited)
I actually agree with you, TC. As far as Microsoft's attention to it, it's pretty much all but abandoned. The only big games that are coming out on the console are all from third party developers and as you said, whose games can be found on other consoles or games that will be released on the 360 and Xbox One (i.e., World of Tanks). I've actually been pretty disappointed with Microsoft's approach to exclusive games to the 360.

They had a strong lineup on exclusives of games from all genres for the first 2-3 years, which was great and at the time, what I thought was going to be an indication from them that this was how they will approach their console. However, that wasn't the case. In my opinion, once they had a strong install base, they pretty much only catered to what the majority of that install base was interested in - first person shooters. Hence, the "30-day exclusivity" for maps in Call of Duty and other games. I just found it so disappointing.

And now? I don't see anything from Microsoft on the 360. They have completely turned their attention to the Xbox One. They did this with the original Xbox. They also did this with the Windows Phone 7. When the WP8 came out, Microsoft stated how all WP7 phones would get the 7.8 update, which would bring the interface of WP8 to WP7. I had a WP7 for 2.5 years, an entire year after the WP8 came out and I never received that update. Again, disappointing. Honestly, it's starting to become a track record for them. When they came out a month or so ago and stated that they were going to support the 360 for another few years, I laughed at that. In my eyes, they've already pretty much stopped supporting it, especially when you compare it to how Sony has been handling the transition to next-gen. You see exclusive games for the PS3 as well as attention to exclusive games for the PS4. It's a nice balance, so far.
#5The_DjokerPosted 9/27/2013 10:56:38 AM(edited)
This is what i'm buying next year on 360 alone

- Dark Souls 2
- Lords of Shadow 2
- Lightning Returns FFXIII
- Metal Gear Solid V
- Destiny
- Evil Within

And there's plenty more to come

The only big games that are coming out on the console are all from third party developers and as you said

What has changed from 2006? Seriously?

360 always has been and always will be a multiplat driven console. My 360 library is 6x bigger than my PS3's. 90% of my Ps3 library though is exclusives.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#6nothingbeastPosted 9/27/2013 11:03:20 AM
Not in my house.

GTA 5 will keep me busy for a while, and I've got a ton of games on my TO DO list I haven't purchased yet.

I've already decided to wait a few months after both PS4 and Xbox One launch before making up my mind.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#7Hucast9Posted 9/27/2013 11:07:54 AM
HelmesSeifer posted...
There are almost no big games coming out for the 360 in the near future, especially exclusives. Any games that are coming out can be found on other consoles including the next gen ones. 2014 holds nothing as far as I know...

Next gen is 2 months away bro. It's time to move on. Expect almost no games to come out after late 2014.
#8simonbelmont2Posted 9/27/2013 11:29:11 AM
The_Djoker posted...
This is what i'm buying next year on 360 alone

- Dark Souls 2
- Lords of Shadow 2
- Lightning Returns FFXIII
- Metal Gear Solid V
- Destiny
- Evil Within

And there's plenty more to come

The only big games that are coming out on the console are all from third party developers and as you said

What has changed from 2006? Seriously?

360 always has been and always will be a multiplat driven console. My 360 library is 6x bigger than my PS3's. 90% of my Ps3 library though is exclusives.

I'd forgotten about Evil Within, that game looks good!
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#9TheBlueStigPosted 9/27/2013 11:40:31 AM
HelmesSeifer posted...

Nothing coming out?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/releases

Crawl back to the Sony boards little fanboy....
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#10darkharePosted 9/27/2013 11:54:11 AM
i dont think the 360's going anywhere, hell considering how many XO games seem to be coming out on the 360 im thinking that it might have more than the 5years they stated.

---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!