This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the 360 already an abandoned console?

#11shawnmckPosted 9/27/2013 10:54:41 AM
XB 360 consoles keep selling out out my local Wal-Mart and Target...so No, it's not an abandoned console.
#12crucialPosted 9/27/2013 1:10:46 PM
1.Watch Dog's
2.Batman:Origins
3.AC4
4,Destiny
5.Titanfall
6.Thief 4
7.CoD:Ghost's
8.BF4

With many more,we will also get GTA5 DLC,BioShock:Infinite DLC and Borderlands 2 DLC,MS will support the 360 till 2016.
#13CyricsServantPosted 9/27/2013 1:37:09 PM
simonbelmont2 posted...
The_Djoker posted...
This is what i'm buying next year on 360 alone

- Dark Souls 2
- Lords of Shadow 2
- Lightning Returns FFXIII
- Metal Gear Solid V
- Destiny
- Evil Within

And there's plenty more to come

The only big games that are coming out on the console are all from third party developers and as you said

What has changed from 2006? Seriously?

360 always has been and always will be a multiplat driven console. My 360 library is 6x bigger than my PS3's. 90% of my Ps3 library though is exclusives.

I'd forgotten about Evil Within, that game looks good!

Yeah, it really does. And The Evil Within aside . . . Kentucky Route Zero, Outlast, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, Lone Survivor . . . it seems like the horror genre is making a huge come back, which is great. For a while it seemed like the genre was going to die a slow pitiful death. Not anymore.
#14Arucard05Posted 9/27/2013 1:43:57 PM
Within the industry at large, no.

But Microsoft's priorities have clearly been elsewhere for at least the past year.
---
I'm not a fan of old women that are scared of their pot going cold but I still loved Deadly Premonition - HeLeeham
#15simonbelmont2Posted 9/27/2013 1:54:52 PM
CyricsServant posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
The_Djoker posted...

- Dark Souls 2
- Lords of Shadow 2
- Metal Gear Solid V
- Destiny
- Evil Within

The only big games that are coming out on the console are all from third party developers and as you said

360 always has been and always will be a multiplat driven console. My 360 library is 6x bigger than my PS3's. 90% of my Ps3 library though is exclusives.

Yeah, it really does. And The Evil Within aside . . . Kentucky Route Zero, Outlast, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, Lone Survivor . . . it seems like the horror genre is making a huge come back, which is great. For a while it seemed like the genre was going to die a slow pitiful death. Not anymore.

I agree, it's nice to see pure survival horror rise from the ashes!
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#16lanmannaPosted 9/27/2013 3:41:39 PM
Agreed, OP.
#17metaldiggle2Posted 9/27/2013 4:31:54 PM
Yeah all that matters are exclusives. No point in playing multiplatform games on your preferred system/service, those games are never worth playing.

*sighs*
---
There are times where I wish I could delete stupid threads I see.
Chicago Blackhawks - 2013 Stanley Cup Champions/President's Trophy Winners
#18TSROCKSPosted 9/27/2013 4:43:21 PM
ARsignal11 posted...
I actually agree with you, TC. As far as Microsoft's attention to it, it's pretty much all but abandoned. The only big games that are coming out on the console are all from third party developers and as you said, whose games can be found on other consoles or games that will be released on the 360 and Xbox One (i.e., World of Tanks). I've actually been pretty disappointed with Microsoft's approach to exclusive games to the 360.

They had a strong lineup on exclusives of games from all genres for the first 2-3 years, which was great and at the time, what I thought was going to be an indication from them that this was how they will approach their console. However, that wasn't the case. In my opinion, once they had a strong install base, they pretty much only catered to what the majority of that install base was interested in - first person shooters. Hence, the "30-day exclusivity" for maps in Call of Duty and other games. I just found it so disappointing.

And now? I don't see anything from Microsoft on the 360. They have completely turned their attention to the Xbox One. They did this with the original Xbox. They also did this with the Windows Phone 7. When the WP8 came out, Microsoft stated how all WP7 phones would get the 7.8 update, which would bring the interface of WP8 to WP7. I had a WP7 for 2.5 years, an entire year after the WP8 came out and I never received that update. Again, disappointing. Honestly, it's starting to become a track record for them. When they came out a month or so ago and stated that they were going to support the 360 for another few years, I laughed at that. In my eyes, they've already pretty much stopped supporting it, especially when you compare it to how Sony has been handling the transition to next-gen. You see exclusive games for the PS3 as well as attention to exclusive games for the PS4. It's a nice balance, so far.

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS! I thought I was the only one who realized this! People keep trying to tell me Microsoft has the best exclusives, but they only make them the first 2-3 years a console is out to get an install base. Microsoft WILL abandon most of the exclusives on the xbox one after 3 years just like they did with the 360.
---
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Alex898
#19FFTHEWINNERPosted 9/27/2013 4:46:02 PM
BBBanks03 posted...
No, itís not. /topic

---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#20moondog84Posted 9/27/2013 5:21:19 PM
CyricsServant posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
The_Djoker posted...

- Dark Souls 2
- Lords of Shadow 2
- Metal Gear Solid V
- Destiny
- Evil Within

Amnesia is coming to 360?!!! Yeah!!!
---
Spaceballs the Signature