This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Two consoles, one account?

#1gldooriiPosted 9/27/2013 11:25:43 AM
I currently have a 360 in the living room and was considering picking up one for the bedroom as they get cheaper. I am the only one in the home that uses the system and also the only Live account on it. They will not be played at the same time. Are there any type of issues I will come across if I do this? Can I download my purchased games on a second console? I remember a long time ago I was wanting to do this and people said it wouldnt work. Just wondering if this has been fixed. I'm used to being able to do it with two PS3s.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#2orangeneePosted 9/27/2013 11:30:46 AM
You'll only end up being able to play DLC/Digital DLs offline on one console.

Pretty sure you can only have your account on one console at a time too.

Multiple GT recoveries between consoles will set MS stormtrooper alarms off too.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#3glassghost0Posted 9/27/2013 11:37:07 AM
orangenee posted...

Multiple GT recoveries between consoles will set MS stormtrooper alarms off too.

There's no such thing as "Recovering" your gamertag anymore. You can have your profile downloaded on as many consoles as you want now, and all you do is sign in, you can even choose to remember the passwords if you want.
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#4fiasco86Posted 9/27/2013 11:41:44 AM(edited)
They've changed a lot about the way the 360 handles profiles and content licenses on different consoles. Some of the information orangenee gave you is wrong.

As it works now, you can have your profile on several consoles (I don't think there's a limit, but if there is it's at least 5 or higher, because that's how many consoles have my account on them). Every time you sign in, you will be alerted if your profile was last used on a different console.

As for DLC and digital games, they can be used with any profile on the first console you download them on. You can then download the content using the same profile on other consoles, but you will only be able to use it with the account that purchased the content. This also means that if you download content on one console, then sign in with the same profile on another console and download it again, a different profile can sign in on the first console and you can play the game together with two different profiles on two different consoles (even though you only purchased it once). I've done this several times, so I can confirm it works.

You can transfer the original licences between consoles (if, for example, your 360 broke and you had to buy a new one), but there is a limit to how often you can do this. I believe the limit is twice per year.

As for other digital content (movies, music, etc.) I have no idea, but I imagine it works the same way.
---
Game Conquerors Top 100 Games of All Time
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBdvbVOHRybalW-7GExzgqbbBf1bGVV3L
#5dtmrPosted 9/27/2013 11:39:08 AM
glassghost0 posted...
orangenee posted...

There's no such thing as "Recovering" your gamertag anymore. You can have your profile downloaded on as many consoles as you want now, and all you do is sign in, you can even choose to remember the passwords if you want.

Yeah. You can even put your profile on a usb and log in that way.
---
Lakitu is a jerk. He lives in a cloud and throws AIDS at decent, hardworking Americans.
#6orangeneePosted 9/27/2013 11:39:10 AM
Fair enough.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#7dtmrPosted 9/27/2013 11:41:19 AM
I want to say the license can be transferred every four months. Three times a year.
---
Lakitu is a jerk. He lives in a cloud and throws AIDS at decent, hardworking Americans.
#8gldoorii(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 11:59:31 AM(edited)
Thanks for the responses. So, if I'm the only user, I should have no problems buying another console, logging in with my account, and downloading my games on demand to that console as well. All accounts can play the purchased games on the original console, but on the new one they are only playable on my account that purchased them. Correct? (This will never happen since it's just me who plays the games in the household, just confirming I understood correctly.)

I'll safely be able to play games on the living room and then when someone else wants to use the TV I can turn the console off, go to the other one and turn it on and play my games with no problem?
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#9glassghost0Posted 9/27/2013 11:59:01 AM
gldoorii posted...
Thanks for the responses. So, if I'm the only user, I should have no problems buying another console, logging in with my account, and downloading my games on demand to that console as well. All accounts can play the purchased games on the original console, but on the new one they are only playable on my account that purchased them. Correct? (This will never happen since it's just me who plays the games in the household, just confirming I understood correctly.)

Correct, but you have to be signed into Live on the second 360
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#10gldoorii(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 12:01:44 PM
glassghost0 posted...
gldoorii posted...

Correct, but you have to be signed into Live on the second 360

I'd just leave the wifi on the console on anyways, but if the internet was down or whatever, the system would not be able to play the digital content because it needs to somehow transfer my account to be on that system?
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix