This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Two consoles, one account?

#11fiasco86Posted 9/27/2013 1:11:15 PM
gldoorii posted...
Thanks for the responses. So, if I'm the only user, I should have no problems buying another console, logging in with my account, and downloading my games on demand to that console as well. All accounts can play the purchased games on the original console, but on the new one they are only playable on my account that purchased them. Correct? (This will never happen since it's just me who plays the games in the household, just confirming I understood correctly.)

Your understanding was correct.

glassghost0 posted...
Correct, but you have to be signed into Live on the second 360

I'm not sure if that's true, but I could test it out tonight. I'm pretty sure you don't need to be signed into Live, just the account.
---
Game Conquerors Top 100 Games of All Time
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBdvbVOHRybalW-7GExzgqbbBf1bGVV3L
#12gldoorii(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 1:20:42 PM
Thanks a lot.

I had no idea there was a new 360 "E" console. I see the 250GB console is $250 while the 250GB "S" model with Darksiders 2 & Arkham City is also $250. Both include a $50 gift card. Is there anything special about this "E" console or was it just another redesign?
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#13fiasco86Posted 9/27/2013 1:28:22 PM
gldoorii posted...
Thanks a lot.

I had no idea there was a new 360 "E" console. I see the 250GB console is $250 while the 250GB "S" model with Darksiders 2 & Arkham City is also $250. Both include a $50 gift card. Is there anything special about this "E" console or was it just another redesign?

The E console is better for MS, worse for you. They removed a USB port, the component output, and a few other (mostly) inconsequential features. It probably won't affect you either way, but if you have the choice, go with the S, especially if it comes with free games.

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Xbox+360+E+Teardown/15062/1
---
Game Conquerors Top 100 Games of All Time
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBdvbVOHRybalW-7GExzgqbbBf1bGVV3L
#14glassghost0Posted 9/27/2013 1:40:52 PM
fiasco86 posted...

glassghost0 posted...
Correct, but you have to be signed into Live on the second 360

I'm not sure if that's true, but I could test it out tonight. I'm pretty sure you don't need to be signed into Live, just the account.

It is
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#15Net SharkPosted 9/27/2013 4:01:36 PM
I have my GT on two consoles and it works great. Also all my DLC works on both as well. As long as your GT owns the DLC on the first console just download it again on the second through your history once your GT is on the second. Cloud saves also work great and you can pick up where you left off no matter which one you play on. You obviously just can't be signed into both at the same time.
---
Xbox GT: Net Sh4rk
Have a mic but Sharks don't talk.
#16Net SharkPosted 9/27/2013 4:09:36 PM
Also FYI you can have other GT's play the DLC on the second console. You sign your GT in first as long as your not using it at the time then sign the new user in over the top of you and the DLC works. My son and I do this all the time. Never have an issue. It's not against the TOS either because the owner of the game is signed in and just not playing it.
---
Xbox GT: Net Sh4rk
Have a mic but Sharks don't talk.
#17googlerPosted 9/27/2013 5:03:57 PM
I did it all the time between my American and Japanese 360's. You can only have your gamertag on 1 360 or PC at a time. If you're planning on playing the same game on them then all is good as long as both are connected to the internet for drm purposes with dlc and can remember to juggle cloud saves or just swap the hdd/usb