This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I gotta say as a owner of multiple consoles...

#1Fazeo13Posted 9/28/2013 1:21:00 PM
The GF Xbox360 board is one of the best boards for actually talking about games, also the least amount of trolls and some really insightful and thoughtful posts.

Too bad I can't say the same for the GF PS3 board, I think it is a total trollfest, lots of whining, japanofiles and petty squabbles. Apparently a lot of talk is that that the Xbox One will be a huge failure? It's looking very likely at this stage, I dread the day everyone moves on to the PS4 board, I think the better posters on here will be drowned out by the **** lords from the PS3 boards.

What do you guys think? Anyway keep up the good work.
---
You aren't even really reading my posts; you're just staring at your e-mail client and fondly reminiscing about that hobo you stabbed to death. :P
#2WellAlrightThenPosted 9/28/2013 1:28:49 PM
I think you haven't spent much time on this board.
#3Fazeo13(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 1:32:42 PM
Yeah I know this board isn't perfect but it is fun and it does have a lot of great topics. Reading the PS3 board actually feels harmful to your brain which is kinda sad because I do like a lot of PS3 games.
---
You aren't even really reading my posts; you're just staring at your e-mail client and fondly reminiscing about that hobo you stabbed to death. :P
#4SageLibraXVIPosted 9/28/2013 2:04:33 PM
To be fair the xbox one WILL likely be a big failure. Most of the stuff from the original reveal didn't sit well with a lot of people, I know they changed it but still leaves a bad taste that they would have actually done that.

It's like someone saying they're going to eat a baby, then say just kidding 3 minutes later.

and yes I know it's a tasteless comparison
---
Hermeses is back!
#5simonbelmont2Posted 9/28/2013 2:06:11 PM
This board has its petty arguments but it's a lot more civilized than some others.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#6GeminiX7Posted 9/28/2013 2:12:07 PM
You know, for all the ranting and raving and pure, unadulterated hatred for these "japanophiles" I've not seen many, if any real pro-JRPG/weeaboo topics on the PS3 boards. Just topic after topic about how much people can't stand how annoying people who have any interest in JRPGs are. IT kinda reminds of the hatred for "FF7 Fanboys". You'll see topic after topic about how much people can't stand how "everyone" thinks "FF7 is the greatest game ever" but topics/people actually praising the title are few and far between.
---
3DS FC: 0662-3353-4779
PSN: GeminiX7
#7dbzxgamerPosted 9/29/2013 8:38:43 AM
simonbelmont2 posted...
This board has its petty arguments but it's a lot more civilized than some others.

yea i agree and most of them are about the games with gold
#8simonbelmont2Posted 9/29/2013 8:40:33 AM
dbzxgamer posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...

yea i agree and most of them are about the games with gold

Lol, true!
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#9Fazeo13(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2013 10:45:27 AM(edited)
To be fair the xbox one WILL likely be a big failure. Most of the stuff from the original reveal didn't sit well with a lot of people, I know they changed it but still leaves a bad taste that they would have actually done that.

It's like someone saying they're going to eat a baby, then say just kidding 3 minutes later.

and yes I know it's a tasteless comparison

I think MS have a chance I can see them hanging on and fighting for their position ala PS3 this gen, for now I say they have 30% of the next gen market, if they can get some good exclusives. Release a new One without the Kinect and a price cut, they can turn it around but they're gonna have to work for it, something they don't understand yet, The launch will open up their eyes.

I actually like that gaming went to a western perspective this gen It was nice for a change.

GeminiX7 posted...
You know, for all the ranting and raving and pure, unadulterated hatred for these "japanophiles" I've not seen many, if any real pro-JRPG/weeaboo topics on the PS3 boards. Just topic after topic about how much people can't stand how annoying people who have any interest in JRPGs are. IT kinda reminds of the hatred for "FF7 Fanboys". You'll see topic after topic about how much people can't stand how "everyone" thinks "FF7 is the greatest game ever" but topics/people actually praising the title are few and far between.

Maybe it's not so bad at the moment but it can flare up pretty quickly. I'm not saying their aren't a lot of good posters there it's just the the **** lords are the loudest and most resilient. Even now there are like 7 topics daily bashing GTA because it's from the west. They hate western RPGS, FPS and mostly anything western. I don't mind JRPG they were fun for a while back then but I'm nof feeling them now. Even most most Japanese games just aren't as good as they were last gen. But there were some good ones at least I can say they make good games.

They hate FPS and call them PAAGG (play as a gun game), they hate Western RPGS (I know they're not perfect but not they're not deserving of so much hate.) They hate acclaimed western games and call them interactive movies when they are most certainly not. There used to be endless topics on why is nobody buying some weird awful, lolli themed or mediocre JRPG or when are JPRGS going to make a comeback, they are totally insufferable. I don't think they play many games? Since they spend so much time on the message board bashing good games.

I would think this board is maybe 20x better mostly on any given day. Well just preparing you for the PS4 board if you ever decide to get a PS4.
#10Arucard05Posted 9/29/2013 10:52:54 AM
I'm on here less now than I used to be, but as far as GameFAQs boards go this one's alright.

As far as the PS4 board, I think that'll be fine too. You'll have a lot of the same fools from other boards, but the cool people from here and there too.

It's the Xbox One board that will be a cesspool I think.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Now celebrating one year of irrelevance.