This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The recent bans have made me respect MS a little more.

#71grimmdaddyPosted 9/30/2013 4:42:44 PM
singhellotaku posted...
yeah its not like these people commited a crime or anything...fraud

Hey you shut your mouth, it's not a crime to lie, you can't go to jail for that!

I think we have a lawsuit gentleman that we can win here, we were seduced and then entrapped .
#72orangeneePosted 9/30/2013 4:44:00 PM
NeVaRmoore posted...
singhellotaku posted...

Dude, are you really just going from thread to thread to jaw about fraud? Because that's honestly pathetic.

He made my ignore list, in fact h it seems he's wandered in just today to wag his finger, or perhaps he learned a new word today.

God knows he's learned nothing else about English it seems.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#73SolidStryderPosted 9/30/2013 4:56:14 PM
orangenee posted...
NeVaRmoore posted...
singhellotaku posted...

Dude, are you really just going from thread to thread to jaw about fraud? Because that's honestly pathetic.

He made my ignore list, in fact h it seems he's wandered in just today to wag his finger, or perhaps he learned a new word today.

God knows he's learned nothing else about English it seems.

The poor neckbeard is probably just looking for someone to talk or pay attention to him.
#74scoobydoobydontPosted 9/30/2013 5:10:41 PM
Seanie1200 posted...

The difference between AC 3 and the Oman/Bosnia thing is that AC 3 came from China which has an xbox live marketplace. Oman and Bosnia don't. This is why the banhammer hasn't hit before when other things have been free.

A good number of the very butchered analogies/arguments put forth in these topics use "you aren't Omani so you shouldn't have taken advantage even though it actually said free, that's FRAUD" as the entire basis for their arguments. Unless you were a Chinese citizen, you used "fraud" to get AC3. The extra step of using recent game/search to find the games, or the fact that Oman has no marketplace technically, makes zero difference in terms of if this was "fraud", a ToS violation, or "immoral". Everyone knew what they were doing just as much with AC3 as any Oman exploiters did. MS is being utterly arbitrary with enforcement, full stop.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#75Gillian SeedPosted 9/30/2013 6:44:46 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Seanie1200 posted...

The difference between AC 3 and the Oman/Bosnia thing is that AC 3 came from China which has an xbox live marketplace. Oman and Bosnia don't. This is why the banhammer hasn't hit before when other things have been free.

A good number of the very butchered analogies/arguments put forth in these topics use "you aren't Omani so you shouldn't have taken advantage even though it actually said free, that's FRAUD" as the entire basis for their arguments. Unless you were a Chinese citizen, you used "fraud" to get AC3. The extra step of using recent game/search to find the games, or the fact that Oman has no marketplace technically, makes zero difference in terms of if this was "fraud", a ToS violation, or "immoral". Everyone knew what they were doing just as much with AC3 as any Oman exploiters did. MS is being utterly arbitrary with enforcement, full stop.

You're right that AC3 from the China marketplace and the recent games from the Oman marketplace are equally "fraud" or "immoral". But the difference were talking about is why was the fraud punished this time when the fraud wasn't punished last time. Oman not having a marketplace probably played a hand in people getting caught.

When Microsoft saw China accounts were downloading AC3 for free they shut it down, but probably didn't bother doing IP checks. A full investigation might not have been worth it.

When Microsoft saw Oman accounts were downloading all these games for free they probably thought 'Wait, Oman doesn't have Xbox Live support. There shouldn't be any traffic from Oman accounts'. Since there aren't any legit Oman accounts anyone using an Oman account is an instant red flag. When people used an Oman account they pretty much did the investigation for Microsoft.
#76chrish909Posted 9/30/2013 6:51:15 PM
You would think more people would be talking about being banned if this was legit.
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#77DxZ99Posted 9/30/2013 6:54:47 PM
Gillian Seed posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
Seanie1200 posted...

You're right that AC3 from the China marketplace and the recent games from the Oman marketplace are equally "fraud" or "immoral". But the difference were talking about is why was the fraud punished this time when the fraud wasn't punished last time. Oman not having a marketplace probably played a hand in people getting caught.

When Microsoft saw China accounts were downloading AC3 for free they shut it down, but probably didn't bother doing IP checks. A full investigation might not have been worth it.

When Microsoft saw Oman accounts were downloading all these games for free they probably thought 'Wait, Oman doesn't have Xbox Live support. There shouldn't be any traffic from Oman accounts'. Since there aren't any legit Oman accounts anyone using an Oman account is an instant red flag. When people used an Oman account they pretty much did the investigation for Microsoft.

Now that is the best example thus far! Makes alot of sense. The traffic was most likely WAY larger than we could imagine, considering all the people on the forums who don't post, people who told friends, ect... Everything is bottlenecked in regions that aren't supposed to have much traffic at all. Whereas China... they couldn't figure out who was a real or fake.

I forgot what region Bulletstorm was free in, but I clearly remember a marketplace.
---
''I couldn't help but notice your pain!''
''It runs deep, share it with me!''
#78PwnostarPosted 9/30/2013 6:56:22 PM
chrish909 posted...
You would think more people would be talking about being banned if this was legit.

I dunno, the official forum for bans on the Xbox website seems pretty convincing to me. Especially when a lot of the people being banned for "marketplace fraud" or whatever have the Oman games in their recent games.
---
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood