This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is a 4 GB xbox any good, can you do anything with only 4gb?

#1drclaeysPosted 10/1/2013 10:24:59 AM
Friends,

I was thinking of getting an xbox because there are no ps3 RPGs, coming out, and I what to play the 360 rpgs that I missed. My ps3 has like 320 gig. I see this 4 gig xbox ones for cheap.

I am not sure if 4 gig is enough space to do anything... Do you guys have these...do you have lots of saves files on them??

I am not into download only games. Do they all fit on a 4 gb box?

Sorry this sounds like a troll topic and xbox bashing. Nope, not that. just Not sure if this will work for me.

Thank you for your input.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Now playing: Oblivion, Dragons Dogma: DA PSN: DrClaeys | Vica | 125 Mage
#2TheBlueStigPosted 10/1/2013 10:27:26 AM
You can buy the official HDD separately and add it yourself.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#3glassghost0Posted 10/1/2013 10:31:01 AM
It would be enough if you're just going to store game saves on it.

But you might wanna buy a flash drive for extra storage just in case.
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#4drclaeys(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 11:36:55 AM
Friends,

I kinda want to keep this on the cheap side. So I dont want to buy an extra hard drive, just to hold games I might never play again. so I was just wondering if the bare bones 4 gb can get the job done.

I have flash drives, just sitting around, so thats not console dependent. that sounds like a good option.

So anyone else have one of these 4 gb boxes? are you happy with it?? Thank you. Are these new with in the last 2 years or so??? do they get RROD less or never??

Thank you.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Now playing: Oblivion, Dragons Dogma: DA PSN: DrClaeys | Vica | 125 Mage
#5corex3dPosted 10/1/2013 11:39:40 AM
if you don't plan on downloading or installing games you should be fine
#6Hucast9Posted 10/1/2013 11:43:15 AM
drclaeys posted...
Friends,

I was thinking of getting an xbox because there are no ps3 RPGs, coming out, and I what to play the 360 rpgs that I missed. My ps3 has like 320 gig. I see this 4 gig xbox ones for cheap.

I am not sure if 4 gig is enough space to do anything... Do you guys have these...do you have lots of saves files on them??

I am not into download only games. Do they all fit on a 4 gb box?

Sorry this sounds like a troll topic and xbox bashing. Nope, not that. just Not sure if this will work for me.

Thank you for your input.

The only reason why the 4gb exists is to replace rrod or broken consoles. No it's not enough memory space. You'll need more memory later.
#7glassghost0Posted 10/1/2013 11:43:50 AM
corex3d posted...
if you don't plan on downloading or installing games you should be fine

This^

I mean, it's just a basic console for casual players. You won't be installing games, downloading games or dlc, if you're just going to play games. 4 GB or less is more than enough to hold the game saves
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#8SheepinatorPosted 10/1/2013 11:46:51 AM
RROD hasn't been an issue for nearly 5 years. 4GB is plenty for all your game saves, and if you feel the need to download any DLC you can use up to 32GB on a USB stick. There are some limitations though, like GTAV requires a large install to (I think) either HDD or USB, and others like BF3 and SC Conviction require installs too, again maybe USB works.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#9SheepinatorPosted 10/1/2013 11:50:57 AM
drclaeys posted...
I am not into download only games.

P.S. You are missing out on some amazing games by ignoring these, and they've been a key differentiator with PS3 IMO. They tend to max out at 2GB, so you aren't going to fit many without adding some USB storage or HDD, but they're well worth it.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#10WhiteBaitKentPosted 10/1/2013 11:55:27 AM
It should be enough, even with USBs, if you are only going to play just RPG exclusives. You could install one game/disc at a time(depending if it's a multi disc RPG although some are over 4GB so you wont be able to install some games). Installing just makes some games run smoother, in case you're wondering.
---
Terrible controls filter out terrible players.