This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft is charging tax on converted points from before the conversion.

#11TheBlueStig(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 7:22:24 PM
iceman505 posted...
Those that hated MS points are now reaping what they sowed, it was easy to get them tax free, and often times even at a discount on top of that.

I was never one of the people that hated Points, I liked them, I got them totally free from Bing.

The taxing and overtaxing is a huge problem that MS Support refuses to solve.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#12username001Posted 10/4/2013 10:35:31 AM
Any new updates regarding this issue? I am charged tax on all of my MS point purchases which I have already paid sales tax on at various retailers. I am located in NY so I pay taxes on my WP and Win8 purchases with my credit card and have been for quite a while. However, I should not be overcharged on points I already paid tax on.
---
Xbox: shelbygt5252
#13SheepinatorPosted 10/4/2013 10:43:26 AM
username001 posted...
Any new updates regarding this issue? I am charged tax on all of my MS point purchases which I have already paid sales tax on at various retailers. I am located in NY so I pay taxes on my WP and Win8 purchases with my credit card and have been for quite a while. However, I should not be overcharged on points I already paid tax on.

Did you redeem the points before or after the beta or update changed the system to currency?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#14TheBlueStig(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 10:51:40 AM
username001 posted...

You should never have been charged tax when buying Points cards in the first place, they're classified as Gift Cards.

But then again you did say New York, Bloomberg is a bit f***ed in the head with his constant load of bulls*** laws....
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.