This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help, keep getting locked out of my account due to security proofs.

#1Cheko2015Posted 10/2/2013 7:59:05 AM
I've been using my account to play Black Ops II zombies at a friends house on his xbox. Since then, every so often when I try to get on my xbox, I get harassed asking me to set up more security proofs. They already have a text message phone number and security questions but it keeps demanding a secondary email address. I am fine with my account the way it is and I just hit cancel every time it came up to save the headache (I dont have a secondary email address and dont feel like making on Ill never use just so xbox will leave me alone).

Well I just recently tried playing Minecraft and it logged me out of my xbox live trying to play the game requiring my email and password to get back in. I did so and it gave me the error code 80072EF3 locking me out of my account indefinately. I turned the xbox off and on again so Im back in my account. So this wouldnt happen in the future i decided to go ahead and create a worthless secondary email account to set up a new proof hoping that would cause all this to stop. I did so and entered it in correctly. It says its going to send me a code but the problem is its not sending. No matter how many times I tell it to send, I dont get the code. I am 100% my email matches up with what I entered on xbox live and its the secondary account...

Uggh I would of never played Zombies at my friends house if I had known I would of been punished so severely for it with this headache of a security system microsoft has...
---
Convictioniist "Sigs: Serious Business"
#2Cheko2015(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 8:01:27 AM
Update: It seems Ive exhausted the amount of times they can send me the code as I have a new prompt telling me they are "overwhelmed" with error code 800434AA.... Im pretty sure some of these codes translate to Screw You at this point...
---
#3kidwgmPosted 10/2/2013 8:09:13 AM
This is been happening to my fiancees xbl account for a few weeks now. He hasn't migrated his account to any other system. He has added two emails and a phone number and still gets this prompted about 70% of the time he logs in. He just hits cancel a couple times and he eventually signs in. He mention that the xbox forums have a few threads with people having the same issue. As far as I know there is no solution. Maybe try looking at the xbox forums?
---
GT: Kid Whimsical 3DS FC: 4811-7436-8881
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.)
#4SheepinatorPosted 10/2/2013 8:11:13 AM
I used to be annoyed with this proofs thing. Finally I caved and I think I entered a third email address. It never came back. That was two or three weeks ago.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#5Cheko2015(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 8:13:40 AM
I cant even get proofs set up. I just attempted to set it up through xbox live's website proper instead of through my console. To even look into the setting it required me to receive a text with a code in it. I told it to send me a code and SAME thing happened with the secondary email I set up. It wont send. These proofs are absolutely freaking worthless if they wont even give you the codes..... I hate Microsoft so much right now.
---
#6Mellerker38Posted 10/2/2013 8:19:16 AM
being getting this every single day when I turn on my xbox 360.
---
I accept text messages with friend request for PS3 only.I don't like game freezing and console freezing.
#7Seanie1200Posted 10/3/2013 11:50:48 AM
I keep getting this too. I appreciate MS protecting my security but I have already set the options up and every time I get the message to set things up it tells me I have set them up and to go to account.live.com/p to enter the code. Problem is my PC is up the spout at the moment so I am having to use Internet explorer on the xbox to do this. It is getting right on my nerves.