This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help, keep getting locked out of my account due to security proofs.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Help, keep getting locked out of my account due to security proofs.
2 years ago#1
I've been using my account to play Black Ops II zombies at a friends house on his xbox. Since then, every so often when I try to get on my xbox, I get harassed asking me to set up more security proofs. They already have a text message phone number and security questions but it keeps demanding a secondary email address. I am fine with my account the way it is and I just hit cancel every time it came up to save the headache (I dont have a secondary email address and dont feel like making on Ill never use just so xbox will leave me alone).

Well I just recently tried playing Minecraft and it logged me out of my xbox live trying to play the game requiring my email and password to get back in. I did so and it gave me the error code 80072EF3 locking me out of my account indefinately. I turned the xbox off and on again so Im back in my account. So this wouldnt happen in the future i decided to go ahead and create a worthless secondary email account to set up a new proof hoping that would cause all this to stop. I did so and entered it in correctly. It says its going to send me a code but the problem is its not sending. No matter how many times I tell it to send, I dont get the code. I am 100% my email matches up with what I entered on xbox live and its the secondary account...

Uggh I would of never played Zombies at my friends house if I had known I would of been punished so severely for it with this headache of a security system microsoft has...
---
Convictioniist "Sigs: Serious Business"
2 years ago#2
Update: It seems Ive exhausted the amount of times they can send me the code as I have a new prompt telling me they are "overwhelmed" with error code 800434AA.... Im pretty sure some of these codes translate to Screw You at this point...
---
2 years ago#3
This is been happening to my fiancees xbl account for a few weeks now. He hasn't migrated his account to any other system. He has added two emails and a phone number and still gets this prompted about 70% of the time he logs in. He just hits cancel a couple times and he eventually signs in. He mention that the xbox forums have a few threads with people having the same issue. As far as I know there is no solution. Maybe try looking at the xbox forums?
---
GT: Kid Whimsical 3DS FC: 4811-7436-8881
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.)
2 years ago#4
I used to be annoyed with this proofs thing. Finally I caved and I think I entered a third email address. It never came back. That was two or three weeks ago.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
2 years ago#5
I cant even get proofs set up. I just attempted to set it up through xbox live's website proper instead of through my console. To even look into the setting it required me to receive a text with a code in it. I told it to send me a code and SAME thing happened with the secondary email I set up. It wont send. These proofs are absolutely freaking worthless if they wont even give you the codes..... I hate Microsoft so much right now.
---
2 years ago#6
being getting this every single day when I turn on my xbox 360.
---
I accept text messages with friend request for PS3 only.I don't like game freezing and console freezing.
2 years ago#7
I keep getting this too. I appreciate MS protecting my security but I have already set the options up and every time I get the message to set things up it tells me I have set them up and to go to account.live.com/p to enter the code. Problem is my PC is up the spout at the moment so I am having to use Internet explorer on the xbox to do this. It is getting right on my nerves.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Help, keep getting locked out of my account due to security proofs.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived