This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone like GTA4 more than GTA5? Reasons?

#1rhino504Posted 10/3/2013 5:44:59 AM
I don't have GTA5 yet (will wait a couple of years to get it).

I'm getting GTA4 Complete Edition for my birthday in a couple of weeks.

So I was wondering if anyone has played both games and actually prefers GTA4 over GTA5 and your reasons for preferring it.

I've read so many reviews that say GTA5 is so much greater than GTA4, and I've also read a lot of reviews that say GTA4 is vastly overated.

Hopefully your comments can help motivate me to enjoy and finish GTA4.

Thanks !
---
The good old hockey game is the best game you can name, and the best game you can name is the good old hockey game - Stompin Tom Connors
#2Arucard05Posted 10/3/2013 5:47:05 AM
I like things about GTA IV more. The driving is better, and Niko is a more interesting character than any of the GTA V leads. The tone is darker, which I prefer sometimes. And the DLC is aces.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Now celebrating one year of irrelevance.
#3ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 10/3/2013 6:05:47 AM
eew god no. Gta 4 is the worst of the series. Id rather play gta london than that tripe
---
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#4SunDevil77Posted 10/3/2013 6:11:20 AM
Well...GTA IV doesn't have Michael.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#5656stoogePosted 10/3/2013 6:11:45 AM
I actually can't think of a single aspect I enjoyed more in GTAV. Not one.

In fact, before GTAV launched I was sure that they'd have to make some sacrifices to make up for the fact the game looks so much better graphically than GTAIV, and that one of those would be toning down the wave effects that were admittedly impressive in GTAIV (the water actually rolled around and wasn't completely flat).

So I thought that one, completely insignificant thing (well, to anyone that doesn't love video game water as much as myself, anyway) would be better in GTAIV, but to my surprise the water in GTAV blows it away.
The waves on the beach are some of the best I've ever seen!

Just goes to show you that GTAV is better in every little way. And I include handling and vehicle damage in that, because IMO fun > realism in a GTA game.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#6BahamutBBobPosted 10/3/2013 6:55:01 AM(edited)
I like GTA5 more than GTA4.

Reasons:
Driving
Trevor

Things GTA4 did better:
More care put into the look and feel of the city
Radio is much, much better
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#7JKSonicPosted 10/3/2013 6:57:09 AM
I can see how people would prefer certain things about 4. The driving was more realistic, the story was deeper and focused more on character building, the game as a whole portrayed a bit more of a realistic world, etc...

However, just comparing the two as games and a form of entertainment I don't see how anybody could objectively say 4 is better than 5. 4 was striped down and barely a GTA game. I mean it was just missing soooo much that makes GTA what it is. 5 puts nearly all of that back in plus adds in a mind-boggling amount of detail, tons of new ideas, and just overall makes GTA fun again.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#8GawdDawgsPosted 10/3/2013 6:58:28 AM
Arucard05 posted...
I like things about GTA IV more. The driving is better, and Niko is a more interesting character than any of the GTA V leads. The tone is darker, which I prefer sometimes. And the DLC is aces.

This.
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#9JascoDPosted 10/3/2013 7:02:34 AM
If you play GTA4 before 5, then its an ok game. Play 4 after 5, yeah, the game will be terrible.

Also, all GTA4 fans always say that the driving is better. Of all the good and fun stuff 5 has, people prefer the driving. Ok...
---
There's a difference between speaking your mind and being a judgmental a**hole.
#10pothocketPosted 10/3/2013 7:08:56 AM
I'd say Trevor is more interesting than Niko but GTA4 annoyed me and I only played about half the campaign so I'm not sure.

With Trevor though we actually have a character that accurately represents the player and the chaos they bring to the city rather being a hypocrite by acting one way in cutscenes and completely different under player control. He's the embodiment of what it means to play GTA.

But yeah, Michael was annoying and Franklin is boring.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson