This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone like GTA4 more than GTA5? Reasons?

#51Arucard05Posted 10/5/2013 11:33:12 AM
BBBanks03 posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
How terrible is the music in V that people are actually saying the music from IV was better? The music in IV was just so god awful. It is the first GTA game I have played where I actually permanently turned off the radio because I couldn't stand to listen to that crap anymore. Even the talk radio wasn't as good as the previous games.

This right here. I'm getting very worried about what to expect from the radio stations in V, since I hated the selection in IV. There was no metal channel (that godawful Liberty City Hardcore station doesn't count), and there was barely any kind of a conventional rock n' roll channel either! Even the rap channel was pretty underwhelming, aside from a decent song here or there.

It looks like the one and only GTA game to really nail the music selection and get a perfect feel for the era and vibe was Vice City, as far as I can tell.

As far as I can tell, metalheads are the only ones who really hate the selection. GTA V doesn't even pretend to have a metal station.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Now celebrating one year of irrelevance.
#52GamerguymassPosted 10/5/2013 12:43:50 PM
Arucard05 posted...
BBBanks03 posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
How terrible is the music in V that people are actually saying the music from IV was better? The music in IV was just so god awful. It is the first GTA game I have played where I actually permanently turned off the radio because I couldn't stand to listen to that crap anymore. Even the talk radio wasn't as good as the previous games.

This right here. I'm getting very worried about what to expect from the radio stations in V, since I hated the selection in IV. There was no metal channel (that godawful Liberty City Hardcore station doesn't count), and there was barely any kind of a conventional rock n' roll channel either! Even the rap channel was pretty underwhelming, aside from a decent song here or there.

It looks like the one and only GTA game to really nail the music selection and get a perfect feel for the era and vibe was Vice City, as far as I can tell.

As far as I can tell, metalheads are the only ones who really hate the selection. GTA V doesn't even pretend to have a metal station.

So I should just turn the radio off for good right from the start when I get V correct? I'm not even a metal head or anything. I mean the music in III was all over the place, you had classical, reggae, some rock. I listened to all of it, and I actually liked it as well. VC was of course awesome, and SA was just as good. Then we got to IV. Utter and complete S***. Literally everything sounded EXACTLY the same.

Part of the trademark of the GTA games has been their great soundtracks, but if they are just going to spend nearly 300 million dollars on making the game pretty and then advertising the hell out of that fact and not even have some halfway decent music then its obvious the quality of the GTA franchise is on the decline.
---
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
An expansion came out, but I'm still a third of the way through!
#53oasisbeyondPosted 10/5/2013 1:11:12 PM
Best character in the game. Love his family too. Yeah, he loves his family so much that he murders people for a living... Let's be honest here... I wouldn't want to hang out with any of these three guys. Trevor is awesome cuz he's Canadian! lol and he clearly needs medication lmao. But, overall, they are all douches and I wouldn't shed a tear like Marston. He was more believable because back in the day you had to either be a little dirty or very dirty. The difference is that he changed for the good and most to all the enemies or people you shoot are bad.

In this game you can help people, yet you gain nothing for it, makes no sense.
#54seanskatePosted 10/5/2013 2:48:05 PM
GTA 5 really feels superior in every way to me, was playing the IV biker expansion and forgot about it the second i started 5. Killing the lost was sick! music was bad after san andreas mostly to me.
---
SEN = BakerBoard
XBL/ WiiU = ClickedButton
#55TheBlueStigPosted 10/5/2013 3:05:34 PM
Gamerguymass posted...
So I should just turn the radio off for good right from the start when I get V correct? I'm not even a metal head or anything. I mean the music in III was all over the place, you had classical, reggae, some rock. I listened to all of it, and I actually liked it as well. VC was of course awesome, and SA was just as good. Then we got to IV. Utter and complete S***. Literally everything sounded EXACTLY the same.

Part of the trademark of the GTA games has been their great soundtracks, but if they are just going to spend nearly 300 million dollars on making the game pretty and then advertising the hell out of that fact and not even have some halfway decent music then its obvious the quality of the GTA franchise is on the decline.

Please do explain IN DETAIL how any of the following "all sound the same"....

Reggae
Funk
Metal
Punk
Classic Rock
Electronica/Techno
Fusion Jazz
Russian Pop
Jazz
Hip Hop
Rap
Rock'n'Roll
Talk Radio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_soundtrack

They don't all sound the same, not even close.

FYI, adding music into games is not free, part of the $300 Million was spent on licensing music for the game.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#56NemerlightPosted 10/5/2013 3:17:41 PM
Only thing i miss from GTA 4 is driving.
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
You are entitled to your opinion but its wrong and i hate you.
#57SkilzMCPosted 10/5/2013 5:09:05 PM
Gamerguymass posted...

Clearly you think the phrases "Literally everything sounded EXACTLY the same" and "Everything was not to my liking." are synonymous.

Oh and great use of literally...Can I paypal you five dollars to buy a dictionary?
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#58HandGodPosted 10/5/2013 7:23:44 PM
There's a couple of things I like better from IV. Like, in IV, I don't recall any mission that was near unable to be completed due to police AI. The AI in V is really ridiculous. It shouldn't take nearly as long as it does to get rid of just a one star crime, and, at 3 stars, they are nearly unshakable. I'd actually go as far as saying the police are no fun at all, which, in a game centered around the subject matter it is, is a wee bit of a problem.

I just had to redo a Lester mission where you have to assassinate some targets within a certain time frame. Problem is, I got a star along the way and, lo and behold, I now have police hounding my ass. It ended up with a 20 minute car chase that I finally gave up on, simply because every time I'd shake one cop, 2 (plus a helicopter) more would pop up to ruin my evening. Some might find this "epic", but I found it tedious and infuriating being chased into the countryside with no where to go, and a car that's eventually going to blow up from the beating it's taking.

Next up would be the radio as my second biggest complaint. My goodness, it's abysmal. Not a single memorable song on the whole entire soundtrack and the talk radio isn't even as good as IV's (which wasn't even the best in the series, as far as talk radio goes).

I'm enjoying V, but it's kind of hard to say things like "this is everything IV should have been for a next gen GTA" and stuff I keep hearing from the anti-IV crowd. I really liked IV, for almost entirely different reasons than the reasons I am enjoying V.
#59HeadneckPosted 10/5/2013 8:22:15 PM
I like them all. I enjoy the series, I don't know that I enjoy any particular entry more than the others. I just like the ride they all offer.
---
Streets is watchin'
#60bossk5Posted 10/6/2013 6:16:37 AM
Donuts_R_Good posted...
Cars crumble and get crushed in 4, which doesn't really happen in 5. Really miss that.

And driving is much more fun in 4. Collisions feel powerful, cars will roll and smash. In 5, all cars have basically no weight to them, they're basically feathers.

This.

Tread lightly though. I said something to this effect a few days ago and was told that I have obviously never driven a real car.

O_o
---
I buy used games. Piss&MoanFaqs