This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there anything in gaming you use to do but dont anymore but wish you did?

#1VandorLeePosted 10/3/2013 12:27:06 PM
Odd question but for me, i use to play tons of random games including plenty of "bad" ones just to give them a chance and see if they were as bad as random reviews said.

I had to stop doing this due to time restrictions. I use to, obviously, live with my parents and even longer ago have no job so it was nothing to play tons of random games. Now. moved out, with job and child (and wife) i really have time to only play games i really want to play.

I miss playing very random games. SOme were entertainingly bad and others, while not good, still had interesting elements.

I do, however, love when lets players play "bad" or hardly known games because it really feels like what i use to do.
---
"God didn't create humans... No!, Its humans who created God"
"Dr. Londez, "Cowboy Bebop: Brain Scratch (#1.23)" (1999)
#2Dragon NexusPosted 10/3/2013 1:01:40 PM
I miss being able to play the same game and the same story mode dozens of times over the course of a few months and still get enjoyment from it.

I think it's something younger people can do. It's not *just* the fact you didn't get as many games back then, but also when you're younger you repeat the same actions over and over as a learning mechanism. When you get older...not so much.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#3FishbulbPosted 10/3/2013 1:09:42 PM
I used to play multiplayer in the same room, now it's over the internet.
---
Broadcasting your religious faith in a sig is obnoxious. All who agree copy/paste this sig.
#4PwnostarPosted 10/3/2013 1:15:24 PM
I miss being able to come home and play games all night non-stop. Responsibilities and jobs suck.
---
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
#5fiasco86Posted 10/3/2013 1:27:49 PM
Fishbulb posted...
I used to play multiplayer in the same room, now it's over the internet.

This. And most of what everybody else said, but especially this.

Also I wish I had the time to play through choice-driven/class-based games multiple times. I loved doing this with KOTOR back in the day, but I haven't had the time to do it with Mass Effect, Dark Souls, etc.
---
Game Conquerors Top 100 Games of All Time
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBdvbVOHRybalW-7GExzgqbbBf1bGVV3L
#6AWarAmp84Posted 10/3/2013 1:32:05 PM
Pwnostar posted...
I miss being able to come home and play games all night non-stop. Responsibilities and jobs suck.

Yeah but at the end of the day I'm sure you feel better knowing you've accomplished something outside of gaming.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#7ZuuFPosted 10/3/2013 1:35:29 PM
I miss having a job that took more time of my life. 20 hours of work a week make me feel bad when I realize that I spend 40 gaming every week (even though I still do what needs to be done). Even collecting every Star Wars Lego set ever, along with the collector's sets (Taj Mahal, the detailed downtown city block, and other sets) still aren't enough to distract me. Of course, I feel a little better when I realize that collecting/building Lego sets with my girlfriend makes her happy, and that she and I play games together every day.

Any recommendations for other hobbies, based on all three of mine (I also collect movies/tv shows, but only a select few)?
---
I think I'm indecisive, but I'm not sure, disco is not dead, and yes, I make $50,000 a year, at the age of 20 as an accountant. How? Ask me, I dare ye!
#8fiasco86Posted 10/3/2013 1:38:34 PM
ZuuF posted...
I miss having a job that took more time of my life. 20 hours of work a week make me feel bad when I realize that I spend 40 gaming every week (even though I still do what needs to be done). Even collecting every Star Wars Lego set ever, along with the collector's sets (Taj Mahal, the detailed downtown city block, and other sets) still aren't enough to distract me. Of course, I feel a little better when I realize that collecting/building Lego sets with my girlfriend makes her happy, and that she and I play games together every day.

Any recommendations for other hobbies, based on all three of mine (I also collect movies/tv shows, but only a select few)?

Table games and card games.
---
Game Conquerors Top 100 Games of All Time
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBdvbVOHRybalW-7GExzgqbbBf1bGVV3L
#9BansDontWorkPosted 10/3/2013 1:39:41 PM
Enjoying a game all the way through.
---
I feast on that control method you call Karma.
#10FishbulbPosted 10/4/2013 6:01:35 AM
fiasco86 posted...
ZuuF posted...

Table games and card games.

I second this. It adds a more social aspect to your life while staying in your comfort zone. Check meetup or your local game shops to see what kind of community there is where you live and jump in.

FYI - Collecting is one of the worst hobbies ever. It sucks all your money, space and time and never provides complete satisfaction. At least you have someone to share it with though - I know people who "collect" lego and sit alone in a room with it.
---
Broadcasting your religious faith in a sig is obnoxious. All who agree copy/paste this sig.