This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Xbox do anything about hacked leaderboards?

#1fiasco86Posted 10/3/2013 12:51:26 PM
In my experience they don't, but has anybody ever filed a complaint on a clearly hacked score and seen it removed?
---
Game Conquerors Top 100 Games of All Time
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBdvbVOHRybalW-7GExzgqbbBf1bGVV3L
#2OrgeLambartPosted 10/3/2013 12:52:00 PM
ban the gamertag, maybe, sometimes they do nothing.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#3TheBlueStigPosted 10/3/2013 1:03:21 PM
Microsoft maintains iron fist control over all leaderboards, developers have to apply for server time just to deal with obvious hackers, and that time is not granted lightly, which is why hacked scores remain up for months and years.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#4infinitexxPosted 10/3/2013 1:06:11 PM
I've seen whole boards purged when a patch comes along that fixes an exploit, but not individual removal of blatantly illegitimate scores.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#5fiasco86(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 1:24:24 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Microsoft maintains iron fist control over all leaderboards, developers have to apply for server time just to deal with obvious hackers, and that time is not granted lightly, which is why hacked scores remain up for months and years.

Source for that info?
---
Game Conquerors Top 100 Games of All Time
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBdvbVOHRybalW-7GExzgqbbBf1bGVV3L
#6TheBlueStigPosted 10/3/2013 5:32:47 PM
fiasco86 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

Source for that info?

Snow Owl (Forza 4 admin) on Turn 10's forums who has the ability to ban users both from Forza games, and from Live itself.

I turned in a long list of cheating times 2 months ago, they're still up, and by the dates they were originally posted, they're going to be there for a long time. He told me directly that Turn 10 has to apply to Microsoft for server time, and there's no guarantee that they'll get that time, or that any developer even wants to fix the problem in the first place.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#7squarex8264Posted 10/3/2013 6:07:44 PM
fiasco86 posted...
In my experience they don't, but has anybody ever filed a complaint on a clearly hacked score and seen it removed?

It's up to the developer to request Microsoft to wipe the leaderboards. In most cases, wiping the leaderboards is a trivial task, but Microsoft doesn't do it without the blessing of the developer.

Capcom already did this to wipe hackers from the Lost Planet 2 leaderboard, and most recently the Kane and Lynch leaderboards were wiped to allow people another attempt to get the #1 and #2 leaderboard achievement slots. I believe the GRAW leaderboards may have also been wiped at one point...

But yes, wiping the leaderboards is much easier than removing individual scores, but I believe devs can request that as well.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#8iceman505Posted 10/3/2013 6:28:39 PM
The problem with that is this, sometimes it's painfully obvious. Other times, it might just be the result of someone with an immense amount of free time on their hands.
---
Xbox Nation
#9kingwutuguPosted 10/3/2013 6:37:36 PM
iceman505 posted...
The problem with that is this, sometimes it's painfully obvious. Other times, it might just be the result of someone with an immense amount of free time on their hands.

max score on the exact day it releases?
---
If it's not repetitive than it's boring!
#10glassghost0Posted 10/3/2013 7:10:34 PM
It's not like it matters, just base everything off of the first legit/semi-legit score.
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122