This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA and BioWare...

#1skiguy1981Posted 10/3/2013 5:55:33 PM
Honestly did EA kill BioWare or did BioWare kill BioWare?

The real question is did BioWare’s games start going down hill before or after EA bought them?
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
#2orangeneePosted 10/3/2013 6:05:46 PM
Pretty much went downhill once the EA effect kicked in.

I've always imagined a face off once the two powers were introduced and EA won by flashing their wallets. "See all this green? Some of this can be yours IF you do exactly what we tell you to do."
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#3SheepinatorPosted 10/3/2013 7:39:47 PM
ME2 and 3 were an enormous step up in quality. And they were given an insane amount of money and time for Star Wars, which flopped. So give credit to EA for that support.

OTOH I blame EA for the short DA2 dev cycle.

Net result, it was Bioware's fault, they've had the time, the budget, the support, and never delivered the sales. There's no guarantee they could have survived without being acquired.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#4Carribean_CoolPosted 10/3/2013 8:04:50 PM
ME3 did not need Kinect or MP.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#5Crimsin_GibletPosted 10/3/2013 8:09:21 PM
Mass Effect 2 was really stripped down in terms of RPG elements in comparison to Mass Effect. I was always under the impression that EA had a hand in that.
#6brunbbmercPosted 10/3/2013 9:29:32 PM
a lot of me1s rpg elements were stupid

me2 and 3 are definitely better than 1. and 3 didnt need multiplayer but it wasnt bad. it shouldnt have affected the main game though
---
Dignity. Intelligence. Class. brunbbmerc. S&R's number one Rams fan.
http://www.gif-man.com/Animatedgifs/Spinning-SkullRedEyes.gif
#7TimeShinigamiPosted 10/3/2013 10:35:40 PM
Casey Hudson (director) and Mac Walters (head writer) personally destroyed ME 3. EA forced the MP, which turned out great.

Bioware also REALLY f'ed up with SWTOR.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- ShinigamiOfTime
#8xTheSiskoxPosted 10/3/2013 11:55:02 PM
Crimsin_Giblet posted...
Mass Effect 2 was really stripped down in terms of RPG elements in comparison to Mass Effect. I was always under the impression that EA had a hand in that.

It was less RPG elements and more "hack this wallsafe or hack this door" and play those symbol matching mini games with a time limit in every mission. That is one thing I'm glad isn't in the 3rd game at least.

It's basically like the first game had all those RPG elements and all the weapons you could purchase along with upgrades and you just had to worry about weapon overheating and a lot less about ammo, then they tried to re-invent that in the 3rd game.

If anything I think what killed Bioware somewhat was not so much EA but the huge backlash from the various gam endings where people expected shepard to be, well, sitting on a beach and being all happy that the reapers were dealt with. But now with Mass Effect 4 being actively worked on and most likely being released for the Xbox One and PS4 we'll see how that goes.
#9xTheSiskoxPosted 10/3/2013 11:58:05 PM
TimeShinigami posted...
Casey Hudson (director) and Mac Walters (head writer) personally destroyed ME 3. EA forced the MP, which turned out great.

Bioware also REALLY f'ed up with SWTOR.

That's for sure. SWTOR tried so hard to be "World of Warcraft" but with star wars universe storyline and characters and it flopped miserably. Which in a way is kind of funny considering how many people absolutely complain about the Mists of Pandaria expansion but yet several million people still subscribe to that game.
#10Black_AssassinPosted 10/4/2013 12:02:01 AM
brunbbmerc posted...
a lot of me1s rpg elements were stupid

But instead of improving them, ME2 flat out removed a lot.
---
lowercase