This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA and BioWare...

#61Carribean_CoolPosted 10/4/2013 4:47:53 PM
Sheepinator posted...

ME1 was technically garbage with the same boxy poorly textured buildings on multiple planets. ME3 had more content at much higher detail, and you complain about SP cutting corners? Yeah, right. They even gave the team more time at the end, then funded the newest addition to the series at a new studio.

Bashing ME1 sidequests, yet ignoring ME3's rinse and repeat sidequests. At least in ME1 they made an attempt to make it interesting. Add that some of them have more than 1 solution, and have actual dialogue choices. Some also have mini stories that connect with each other, like the Cerberus sidequests, or the rachni sidequests. It had tons of potential which could have been easily built upon. I'd rather explore a planet and choose from more than one solution to finish a sidequest than to scan a planet a hundred times to play delivery boy from people that I have eavesdropped.

There are many reasons you could blame for ME3's poor ending or whatever other issues you may have with SP, but blaming the addition of MP is a really weak one. Newsflash, many games get features or levels cut to hit deadlines, or miss deadlines, it's a very common thing and could easily happen whether or not an alternate studio is creating additional content.

Lets see, with saving money on not implementing MP, we could have gotten

-More squadmates, especially from ME2, or at least have them play a much larger role than have a lousy 5 minute cameo,
-Having monumental choices have monumental outcomes
-Sidequests where we actually do something, instead of the rinse and repeat sidequests from 1995 where we eavesdrop, scan a planet, and return an object to quest giver
-More than just one hub planet

scoobydoobydont posted...
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltsun9tcQ71qf37v6o1_500.gif
More content... holy ****... enjoy your auto-dialogue shootbang, bro. The people who matter know what's what.

LMAO yeah seriously...

http://i.imgur.com/unEyY.png

http://i.imgur.com/w6Ixd.png

Yep, ME3 clearly had more content than ME1 and ME2 >_>
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#62SheepinatorPosted 10/4/2013 5:02:49 PM
Carribean_Cool posted...
Lets see, with saving money on not implementing MP, we could have gotten

Nothing, since the studio was created to work on MP, so without that additional budget nothing would have changed in SP. You might as well ask about any game, why isn't it a 10.0 game, why didn't they spend infinite money, all they had to do was add more and we'd have gotten blah blah blah. Real life says hello, introduce yourself.

I'm sure everyone was thinking at the end of Breaking Bad, hey how come there aren't more characters than we've ever seen before? Oh right, because it was attempting to wrap up a story, and some had died along the way (and the game had to cater for all those choices, something ME1 didn't have to worry about).

Yep, ME3 clearly had more content than ME1 and ME2 >_>

Go ahead and compare geometry variety detail, texture variety and detail, cut scene lengths, set pieces, and all the other things that affect budgets which you conveniently ignore as if they are all equal.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#63Carribean_CoolPosted 10/4/2013 6:20:13 PM
Sheepinator posted...
Nothing, since the studio was created to work on MP, so without that additional budget nothing would have changed in SP.

You are so wrong on so many levels, its not even funny. Logic says money that is not spent on something, could be easily spent on something else, in this case, the reasons to implement the features I already listed. EA paid the studio to develop the multiplayer. That money did not spurt out of the ground when EA demanded it. With the money they spent, they could have paid a different studio- or even the same studio- to develop additional content for the single player, or even just hire a mindless legion of playtesters. They could even have chosen to funnel those funds back into Bioware so they could directly hire more personnel. They did not choose to do something along those lines, and therefore people are mad.

You might as well ask about any game, why isn't it a 10.0 game, why didn't they spend infinite money, all they had to do was add more and we'd have gotten blah blah blah. Real life says hello, introduce yourself.

I gave you legit rational reasons, and basically at this point you're plugging your ears and going ''Lalalala I cant hear you!!!!''

I'm sure everyone was thinking at the end of Breaking Bad, hey how come there aren't more characters than we've ever seen before? Oh right, because it was attempting to wrap up a story, and some had died along the way (and the game had to cater for all those choices, something ME1 didn't have to worry about).

Which game were you playing? What choices? Oh look, TIM managed to salvage the whole human reaper, even though I distinctly remember blowing up the collector base and seeing everything in sight being freaking vaporized. Oh Jacob died? Hey, its stock character #4, acting the exact same way Jacob would in his mission if he were alive. Killed the original council? That's ok, the council races will still support you. Saved the whole Rachni race from extinction? Cool, they're going to appear for 5 minutes, and then are nowhere to be seen again.

Go ahead and compare geometry variety detail, texture variety and detail, cut scene lengths, set pieces, and all the other things that affect budgets which you conveniently ignore as if they are all equal.

With your logic, even though Saints Row 3 has far less activities, a much smaller city, barely any interiors to enter, less vehicles, and far less customization options for vehicles, safe houses and your character compared to Saints Row 2, Saints Row 3 has just as much content as 2 because of visuals and cutscenes. Ooookaaay then...

But hey, wait a minute. Lets look at ME2 and use your logic for a second...

ME2's visuals were vastly improved over 1's, just like 3, yet we still managed to have more than 1 hubworld, tons of squadmates, a lot of sidequests where we actually do on foot missions which take place in different unique areas. Look, ME3 improved its graphics and....and...has so much less stuff to do.

all the other things that affect budgets

I guess we sure could have used that money that was spent on the tacked on MP right about now....
---
#64jrr18Posted 10/4/2013 7:03:56 PM(edited)
they aren't dying they made one great game with a disappointing ending and one average game KOTOR wasn't any better written then the mass effect games and despite what people say dragon age 2 is not the false prophet of gaming come to lead us to our doom it was still fun even though it was a rush job. I won't comment on the mmo because I haven't played it yet. Oh and for the reused environments dragon age wasn't any worse then mass effect 1 and at least the dlc for it was built from the ground up bring down the sky used a piece of massive content that was already partly made before being cut and the same generic bunker from the base game.
---
the world did end in 2012 it's just taking a bit to kick in.
PSN/steam jrr101
#65TimeShinigamiPosted 10/4/2013 10:30:19 PM
There's a chart floating around somewhere that compares all three games and the amount/types of quests each contains. ME1 blows the other two out the water, and 3 has by far the most amount of fetch quests. I'll try to see if I can find it.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- ShinigamiOfTime
#66Carribean_CoolPosted 10/4/2013 10:37:00 PM
TimeShinigami posted...
There's a chart floating around somewhere that compares all three games and the amount/types of quests each contains. ME1 blows the other two out the water, and 3 has by far the most amount of fetch quests. I'll try to see if I can find it.

I posted it already

http://i.imgur.com/w6Ixd.png
---
#67ShuraYukihimePosted 10/5/2013 4:08:59 AM
Once again that is not how budgets work. If there was no MP there would have been no money budgeted for it. SP budget would not have changed.

I'm curious, which Mass Effect sold the most?
---
I'm searching the city for sci fi wasabi.
#68simonbelmont2Posted 10/5/2013 5:40:03 AM
ShuraYukihime posted...
Once again that is not how budgets work. If there was no MP there would have been no money budgeted for it. SP budget would not have changed.

Exactly, the budget allocated for MP wouldn't of been used on the SP if the MP did not exist. I felt it was a shame some elements from ME1 were scrapped for the other games. They should've improved the planetary exploration in the Mako, not removed it completely and replaced it with planet scanning.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#69CyricsServantPosted 10/5/2013 5:49:41 AM
simonbelmont2 posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...

Exactly, the budget allocated for MP wouldn't of been used on the SP if the MP did not exist.

I'm not entirely convinced that's the case. Mass Effect 3 aside, I can't think of one game heavily focused on multi-player that had a great single player campaign.
#70infinitexxPosted 10/5/2013 6:41:07 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
TimeShinigami posted...
EA forced the MP, which turned out great.

It was serviceable at best, and it drained resources away from SP. Don't pretend it was a good thing, EA is still a villain and MP was the wrong call. They should have made a spin-off that was MP centric if they really thought it was worthwhile, instead they compromised the last entry of a trilogy, and it shows on every level.

I disagree. MP was well received, and SP's problems weren't due to a lack of resources, they just made bad decisions.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.