This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA and BioWare...

#81skiguy1981(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 8:23:21 AM
DarkReign2022 posted...
It's both. ME2 was amazing for sure and ME3 was decent, but EA has gotten their hands on BioWare and corrupted them externally and at the same time BioWare has lost a lot of important developers and the team is a shell of it's former self. A lot like Rare LTD. Company still exists, just not in the form that we know and love. This is why whenever I ask for a KOTOR sequel, I demand that Obsidian does it. KOTOR 2 had more bugs and glitches, but the storyline was much better, there was a lot more to the gameplay, and the weakened BioWare team I feel couldn't handle another game on the level of a KOTOR 3.

you think bioware is as bad as Rare... Really come on now
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
#82DarkReign2022Posted 10/6/2013 8:30:46 PM
I never said Bioware was as bad as Rare. Not in a million years. Rare today is worse than the muck I scrape off the bottom of my boots after work every night. I'm simply saying that Bioware is beginning to go the way of Rare. Rare started out promising with the decent PDZ, the enchanting Kameo, and the cute Viva Pinata. Than they gave us two more Viva Pinata games and a Banjo Kazooie game. Now they're doing another Kinect Sports and the Killer Instinct License that belongs to them isn't even being developed by them (probably for the best IMO)

Bioware, too, lost key members of their team and are becoming less innovative and more repetitive in their product. This gen, Bioware gave us 6 games, spanning only 3 series, one of which pre-existed from last generation. Now they're working on ANOTHER Dragon Age, ANOTHER Mass Effect, and a Command & Conquer game.

I understand a lot of companies are known only for a frachise or two. Looking at companies like Bungie that have only done Halo in the last 10 years, it's not a new concept, but companies like Rare and BioWare were always known for their enormous berth of IPs and originality, so it's painful to see them both reduced to what they are. With the offshots of Rare now working for Crytek, I'm excited to see what they can create (besides the rumored Timesplitters 4) and I'd like to see the remnants of BioWare team up and make a new company for some classic BIoWare RPG titles.)
#83skiguy1981(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 7:36:20 PM
DarkReign2022 posted...
I never said Bioware was as bad as Rare. Not in a million years. Rare today is worse than the muck I scrape off the bottom of my boots after work every night. I'm simply saying that Bioware is beginning to go the way of Rare. Rare started out promising with the decent PDZ, the enchanting Kameo, and the cute Viva Pinata. Than they gave us two more Viva Pinata games and a Banjo Kazooie game. Now they're doing another Kinect Sports and the Killer Instinct License that belongs to them isn't even being developed by them (probably for the best IMO)

Bioware, too, lost key members of their team and are becoming less innovative and more repetitive in their product. This gen, Bioware gave us 6 games, spanning only 3 series, one of which pre-existed from last generation. Now they're working on ANOTHER Dragon Age, ANOTHER Mass Effect, and a Command & Conquer game.

I understand a lot of companies are known only for a frachise or two. Looking at companies like Bungie that have only done Halo in the last 10 years, it's not a new concept, but companies like Rare and BioWare were always known for their enormous berth of IPs and originality, so it's painful to see them both reduced to what they are. With the offshots of Rare now working for Crytek, I'm excited to see what they can create (besides the rumored Timesplitters 4) and I'd like to see the remnants of BioWare team up and make a new company for some classic BIoWare RPG titles.)

This is true, we can only hope that DA3 will be good!
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
#84xTheSiskoxPosted 10/9/2013 3:37:27 PM
TimeShinigami posted...
There's a chart floating around somewhere that compares all three games and the amount/types of quests each contains. ME1 blows the other two out the water, and 3 has by far the most amount of fetch quests. I'll try to see if I can find it.

Except the only problem I saw with ME1 was that it felt like half the missions were drive the futuristic vehicle on a planet and bounce all around and over the terrain and get out of the vehicle to shoot geth because the vehicle could easily be overwhelmed if you didn't keep moving to shoot while inside the vehicle.
#85namewitheldPosted 10/9/2013 3:46:22 PM
Baldurs gate - amazing.

Kotor - amazing

Mass Effect - insipid

Dragon Age - mediocre.

All Bioware proved -

1 - You cant go back

2 - Quality has nothing to do with success ( ME massively outsold Kotor ).
#86scoobydoobydontPosted 10/9/2013 4:07:41 PM
xTheSiskox posted...
TimeShinigami posted...
There's a chart floating around somewhere that compares all three games and the amount/types of quests each contains. ME1 blows the other two out the water, and 3 has by far the most amount of fetch quests. I'll try to see if I can find it.

Except the only problem I saw with ME1 was that it felt like half the missions were drive the futuristic vehicle on a planet and bounce all around and over the terrain and get out of the vehicle to shoot geth because the vehicle could easily be overwhelmed if you didn't keep moving to shoot while inside the vehicle.

Which was a metric ****-ton of fun. More fun than anything in the sequels, certainly.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#87skiguy1981(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 7:01:02 PM
namewitheld posted...
Baldurs gate - amazing.

Kotor - amazing

Mass Effect - insipid

Dragon Age - mediocre.

All Bioware proved -

1 - You cant go back

2 - Quality has nothing to do with success ( ME massively outsold Kotor ).

Baldurs gate - amazing.

Kotor - amazing

Mass Effect - good

Dragon Age - amazing
*fixed
---
#88skiguy1981(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 7:01:41 PM
Banana_Mana posted...
Nobody killed Bioware.

Still brilliant.

good yes brilliant no
---
#89xTheSiskoxPosted 10/13/2013 3:57:36 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
xTheSiskox posted...
TimeShinigami posted...

Which was a metric ****-ton of fun. More fun than anything in the sequels, certainly.

True it was fun until you are driving around on a planet and a thresher maw pops up out of nowhere and gives you a heart attack! :D
#90TrugamerPosted 10/13/2013 4:13:57 PM
Both are to blame , Bioware for selling out knowing the EA track record of destruction and somehow thinking they were above that and EA for doing what they always do to beloved developers