This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA and BioWare...

#91skiguy1981(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 9:02:40 PM
Trugamer posted...
Both are to blame , Bioware for selling out knowing the EA track record of destruction and somehow thinking they were above that and EA for doing what they always do to beloved developers

Hard to blame Bioware when EA flashes mad cash in yo face
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
#92squidney2k1Posted 10/13/2013 9:06:27 PM
Carribean_Cool posted...
ME3 did not need Kinect or MP.

No, but both were absolutely welcome and fantastic additions.

You do realize that ME3's multiplayer was one of the greatest co-op survival modes this gen, right?
And do realize that the only reason they used the Kinect for voice commands was because the voice-tech was already there so companies don't have to spend time & money in R&D to create their own software for voice commands, right?
You do know how wrong you are, right?
Right?
---
Xbox One games looked more impressive...but I wish they were on the PS4. **** you Microsoft! \m/ (O_o) \m/
#93skiguy1981(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 5:54:15 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...
DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiC posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...

But if the ending was a non ending what difference would it make getting the best ending?

People still haven't addressed previous multipart bioware games.

Well, when I say 'non-ending', I mean in how it made no freakin' sense before the EC came out. All of a sudden, the Normandy is in a FTL jump...but it was just in Earth's atmosphere. And then the parts that were just bad writing: it crashes on an alien world, extremely damaged, thereby dooming at least Garrus & Tali to death by starvation, or perhaps everyone except them if it's a dextro world. And the relays being destroyed? Welp, there goes the entirety of the galactic civilization, since it's said the races live years or decades away from each other and only the relays made interstellar travel tenable.

It was just horrible writing. When you've asked someone to invest three games worth of time into a character that's supposed to represent them, killing that character off(with only the slimmest chance of survival) while at the same time tearing the entire game world apart, there's something wrong with your idea of 'ending'.

This is because Bioware does not know how to tie up a story that spans that many games.

Bioware has made games with expansions before. But until this generation they have never made a "series" that was tied together. On top of that Bioware endings have never been great. It doesn't matter how good the story is they have never really known how to finish it.

People should really count their blessings the sequels weren't handed over to Obsidian.

You mean the guys who actually have really good writers in their ranks?

"Oh, but KotOr2 had one of the worst endings in gaming history!"
Yeah because the game was rushed out in a year and severe cuts to content had to be made to get it out by the mandated holiday release. Go look up some information on what the endings *hould8 have been like. It was a lot more in depth and interesting than what we got.

It seems like a lot of the time they rush their 2nd game...
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
#94ShuraYukihimePosted 10/18/2013 6:14:19 AM
skiguy1981 posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...
DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiC posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...

But if the ending was a non ending what difference would it make getting the best ending?

People still haven't addressed previous multipart bioware games.

Well, when I say 'non-ending', I mean in how it made no freakin' sense before the EC came out. All of a sudden, the Normandy is in a FTL jump...but it was just in Earth's atmosphere. And then the parts that were just bad writing: it crashes on an alien world, extremely damaged, thereby dooming at least Garrus & Tali to death by starvation, or perhaps everyone except them if it's a dextro world. And the relays being destroyed? Welp, there goes the entirety of the galactic civilization, since it's said the races live years or decades away from each other and only the relays made interstellar travel tenable.

It was just horrible writing. When you've asked someone to invest three games worth of time into a character that's supposed to represent them, killing that character off(with only the slimmest chance of survival) while at the same time tearing the entire game world apart, there's something wrong with your idea of 'ending'.

This is because Bioware does not know how to tie up a story that spans that many games.

Bioware has made games with expansions before. But until this generation they have never made a "series" that was tied together. On top of that Bioware endings have never been great. It doesn't matter how good the story is they have never really known how to finish it.

People should really count their blessings the sequels weren't handed over to Obsidian.

You mean the guys who actually have really good writers in their ranks?

"Oh, but KotOr2 had one of the worst endings in gaming history!"
Yeah because the game was rushed out in a year and severe cuts to content had to be made to get it out by the mandated holiday release. Go look up some information on what the endings *hould8 have been like. It was a lot more in depth and interesting than what we got.

It seems like a lot of the time they rush their 2nd game...

Bioware never really made "second" games (except BG) before Mass Effect and Dragon Age.
---
I'm searching the city for sci fi wasabi.
#95thesnoopmeisterPosted 10/18/2013 6:25:15 AM
skiguy1981 posted...
Trugamer posted...
Both are to blame , Bioware for selling out knowing the EA track record of destruction and somehow thinking they were above that and EA for doing what they always do to beloved developers

Hard to blame me for robbing that bank when it was sitting there with all that cash, your honour.
#96ShuraYukihimePosted 10/18/2013 6:30:28 AM
thesnoopmeister posted...
skiguy1981 posted...
Trugamer posted...

Hard to blame me for robbing that bank when it was sitting there with all that cash, your honour.

I'm not sure you understood the posts you quoted.
---
#97thesnoopmeisterPosted 10/18/2013 6:32:39 AM
ShuraYukihime posted...
thesnoopmeister posted...
skiguy1981 posted...
Trugamer posted...

I'm not sure you understood the posts you quoted.

I appreciate your concern. I understood just fine though.
#98Carribean_CoolPosted 10/18/2013 8:06:35 AM(edited)
squidney2k1 posted...
You do realize that ME3's multiplayer was one of the greatest co-op survival modes this gen, right?

You do realize your opinion doesn't equal fact right?
You do realize ME3's MP is just a glorified horde mode right?
You do realize Gears of War did horde mode before Mass Effect right?
You do realize Left for Dead blows ME3 out of the water for greatest co op survival mode right?
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#99foodeater4Posted 10/18/2013 8:41:33 AM
Even with more dev time, DA2 still would have disappointing, unless having more dev time would have lead to an entirely different game.

Just the fact the whole game takes place in the same city which isn't that interesting and isnt that big and its separated by tons of loading screens is boring, then each area is recycled for night time use. Chapter 1 is mainly do a bunch of sidequests.

DA1, and ME2 were great though. ME2 is such a huge improvement even if to many rp elements were taking out. BUT the conversations and decisions are much better overall.

ME3 was like 2 steps forward and 1 back. Multiplayer was a lot of fun, and the free content for it for abuot a year was awesome.

But the main game suffered a bit. It just felt a bit to linear. Would have been nice if it was possible to Rannoch first sometimes if you wanted. Also the animations were worse IMO, I hated it how you have to walk your gun pointed out all the time. Though some of that might just be limiations of current gen, or lazy way to make every walk the same in multplayer basically whichi s prolly it.

But ME3 is the last game, wether you like the ending or not, I just haven't found as much incentive to replay it since there no choices to set up for the next game down the road.
#100ShuraYukihimePosted 10/19/2013 9:57:32 AM
Carribean_Cool posted...
squidney2k1 posted...

You do realize your opinion doesn't equal fact right?
You do realize ME3's MP is just a glorified horde mode right?
You do realize Gears of War did horde mode before Mass Effect right?
You do realize Left for Dead blows ME3 out of the water for greatest co op survival mode right?

You see it right?
---