This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you trade in your games?

#1simonbelmont2Posted 10/4/2013 3:53:56 AM
Do you guys trade in your games when you're done with them? I haven't traded in a game for years and I have kept all the games I bought over the last year or two. To be honest some of the games are gathering dust as I have no intention of playing them again.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#2grimmdaddyPosted 10/4/2013 4:01:12 AM
Hell no, i'd rather give them away then be paid pennies for them from gs
#3simonbelmont2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 4:05:26 AM
grimmdaddy posted...

Lol, good point, the pittance you get from some retailers is an insult. I do know a couple of shops here in the UK that give very good trade-in value though.
---
#4OGoofyPosted 10/4/2013 5:39:56 AM
I never trade mine in because 1) the amount most shops give you is almost laughable and 2) I always like keeping them around in case I ever get the itch to do another play through.

I get that some people don't like having a backlog of completed games on their shelves but when they offer $9 for a $60 game, no thanks, I'll keep it.
#5Jedi454Posted 10/4/2013 6:44:41 AM
Last time I traded a game in was in 2005 or 2006 and I was given 3 or 4 bucks for my xbox games. No point in trading games in at all.
---
"One of your posted messages has been deleted by a moderator for a Terms of Use Violation, but you did not lose any Karma..." Love it.
#6JKSonicPosted 10/4/2013 6:54:28 AM
Yup sometimes, just depends. Best Buy, for instance, has been giving pretty good values and running good promos for a while now. What makes it even better is that they give you BB gift cards which can be used on anything in the store...INCLUDING stuff like Amazon gc's. The only way I ever trade in at GS anymore is if they're having a truly good deal, which is extremely rare anymore. In fact I think it's been well over a year since I traded in anything there.

Sometimes I'll sell my games too, or other times give them away to friends or whatever...but when I'm done with them and know I won't play anymore (or at least want to for a really long time) there's no reason to keep them IMO.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#7orangeneePosted 10/4/2013 7:01:08 AM
simonbelmont2 posted...
grimmdaddy posted...

Lol, good point, the pittance you get from some retailers is an insult. I do know a couple of shops here in the UK that give very good trade-in value though.

If only they were near me. I did have an independent store that did offer good deals, but now I'm stuck with major chains that give you next to nothing.

I only part-exchange these days.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#8bblbigPosted 10/4/2013 7:02:54 AM
all the time. I typically beat a games single player, try the online...if I like it I'll keep it until I grow tired of it, if not, trade it in pretty quickly, or just swap on Craigs
---
Insert witty statement here
#9Mindwipe77Posted 10/4/2013 7:07:25 AM
i used to when i was younger but now i keep every single one of my games, it's been this way for me now for years so i have a HUGE collection now.
---
Lightning Returns GOTY 2014
Day 1 buys- Ps4 and Xbox one, ready for next-gen!!
#10simonbelmont2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 7:08:28 AM
JKSonic posted...
Yup sometimes, just depends. Best Buy, for instance, has been giving pretty good values and running good promos for a while now. What makes it even better is that they give you BB gift cards which can be used on anything in the store...INCLUDING stuff like Amazon gc's. The only way I ever trade in at GS anymore is if they're having a truly good deal, which is extremely rare anymore. In fact I think it's been well over a year since I traded in anything there.

Sometimes I'll sell my games too, or other times give them away to friends or whatever...but when I'm done with them and know I won't play anymore (or at least want to for a really long time) there's no reason to keep them IMO.

Yeah, if you find a good shop that offers nice deals it can be worth it.

orangenee posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
grimmdaddy posted...

If only they were near me. I did have an independent store that did offer good deals, but now I'm stuck with major chains that give you next to nothing.

I only part-exchange these days.

It's a shame a lot of the good independent stores are gone, I had one near me too that did good deals. Now that shop is gone and even the major chains are gone too from my area. I find CEX still offers fairly good trade-in value, I haven't traded a game in for ages though.
---