This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Keep getting security checks on Xbox Live when signing in

#1HollowVPPosted 10/4/2013 1:48:18 PM
Recently when signing into Xbox Live, I had to put in my password and then give them another email so they could send me a code to double check security. It happened again today, but I bypassed it by backing out. This happened once before a few months ago.

Does this happen to everyone? Does it happen a lot and will I periodically have to keep doing this?
#2Dragon NexusPosted 10/4/2013 2:06:54 PM
If you just give it the information it wants, it goes away.

And...if you're going to give it things like a new e-mail address and the like, make sure you remember the password to it. It's security for your account. It's not a lot of good having your treasures in a secure lockbox if you go and lose the dang key.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#3JackBurton85Posted 10/4/2013 2:08:07 PM
Asks me for this stuff every single time i sign in, i hit B to cancel everytime.
#4PorcupinePosted 10/4/2013 2:12:01 PM
This problem has been plaguing me since the past year and it keeps getting worse. I don't know how people can tolerate it.
#5UndercovaSmackPosted 10/4/2013 4:05:46 PM
I had them text me the code and I did everything but it still comes back I thought it was a one time thing
---
AHA I throw that **** before I came into the room-Black Dynamite
#6Dragon NexusPosted 10/4/2013 5:08:55 PM
Porcupine posted...
This problem has been plaguing me since the past year and it keeps getting worse. I don't know how people can tolerate it.

We don't tollerate it. We actually did what it asked and it went away forever,
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#7orangeneePosted 10/4/2013 5:10:37 PM
That thing came up for me once, I went on Xbox.com and gave it some extra security details and I haven't seen it since.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#8Super CreaturesPosted 10/4/2013 9:51:25 PM
They started pushing this around February 2012, I did what it asked me to do to add additional proofs to my account the first time it asked me to, and I haven't had it pop up a single time since.

If you keep ignoring it and not doing what they want you to do, of course it is going to keep popping up.

If you can't add proofs because you don't know the account details for an account you have possibly invested heavily in, well, that is your fault for not keeping that info up-to-date or using fake info to begin with.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#9HollowVP(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 12:38:09 AM
I had them send me a code in a text.

Last week I had them send me a code through email.

Now they want to do it again. It doesn't make sense. I've done it twice.

I find it silly that if you pay for a service, they can keep making you jump through unnecessary hoops and that anyone would defend the practice. If they maybe told me the reason they keep having me and other people keep doing it, it might make a little more sense.
#10Super CreaturesPosted 10/5/2013 1:09:05 AM
HollowVP posted...
I find it silly that if you pay for a service, they can keep making you jump through unnecessary hoops and that anyone would defend the practice. If they maybe told me the reason they keep having me and other people keep doing it, it might make a little more sense.

So, you want to make it easy for people to compromise your account is what you're saying, right?

The more security and "unnecessary" hoops you have to jump through means the harder it is for somebody to steal your account.

Would you like it if somebody who knew the email tied to your account could easily make it so that you could not access it, and possibly make it so that you lose hundreds, or thousands, of dollars, as well as possibly get the account banned so that it is useless even if you do get it back?

Or, would you instead prefer to take a few minutes to set up extra security on your account so that somebody trying to steal it has a harder time of doing so?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.