This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Keep getting security checks on Xbox Live when signing in

#11LapanuiPosted 10/5/2013 1:02:14 AM
I get it often and I have put an alternative email address and my mobile number in multiple times. Still pops up...

I also get it on my pc. I can't pay for anything on google chrome on the xbox website, so I have to use internet explorer and keeps asking Mr to put an alternate email address. I do and i check the box to say i use this device often. Do it again another day it appears again...
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#12TheBlueStigPosted 10/5/2013 6:43:23 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Porcupine posted...
This problem has been plaguing me since the past year and it keeps getting worse. I don't know how people can tolerate it.

We don't tollerate it. We actually did what it asked and it went away forever,

I did what it asked, it still pops up every 2 to 3 days.

I had security proofs set up since before it started asking, and now it won't stop asking.

Yet another bug that Microsoft refuses to fix because not enough people in the dashboard beta reported the bugs.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#13djwagonPosted 10/5/2013 7:12:34 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
Porcupine posted...
This problem has been plaguing me since the past year and it keeps getting worse. I don't know how people can tolerate it.

We don't tollerate it. We actually did what it asked and it went away forever,

I did what it asked, it still pops up every 2 to 3 days.

I had security proofs set up since before it started asking, and now it won't stop asking.

Yet another bug that Microsoft refuses to fix because not enough people in the dashboard beta reported the bugs.

instead ......of .....crying......like....alittle.....spoiled......brat....why....not....tell....mircosoft....about ...it .but...that...is...way..below....blues...stats....on...here....he...just...like...to..call....everyone...ms...fanboys...for ....not ....reporting...it...to..... mircosoft..but .....will.... not ...show ...proof...... that...it ...never...was
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#14schmittycent2Posted 10/5/2013 9:02:37 AM
I have sent them info 4 times and I still get the thing popping up once a week.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#15TheBlueStigPosted 10/6/2013 7:25:32 AM
djwagon posted...
but .....will.... not ...show ...proof....

How many f***ing times do you need to be told that Microsoft will NOT publicly admit that they're not fixing bugs ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

1. There's an Avatar Awards bug when the Avatar marketplace loads. That one started in the 2012 beta and still wasn't fixed in the 2013 beta. Anybody who has Pinball FX 2 and has unlocked the Avatar Awards has to sit through an "avatar update" every single time they log onto the avatar marketplace.

2. The covers don't work properly in all tabs where covers are shown. From the Pins tab, to the Recent tab, to the My Games tab, the covers do NOT work consistently, not even for the same games. Plus there's still the wrong cover showing for R-Type Dimensions in the Recent tab.

3. Sign-in takes forever now when it used to be almost instant right after the startup splash screen. It now takes up to 3 minutes to sign in every single day when sign-in used to be complete right after the opening splash screen was done.

4. They keep asking for security proofs AFTER they've already been entered and verified. Ever since the beta was forced on everyone (we're still in that beta) people have been getting asked for the proofs after entering them multiple times.

The list could keep going on and on but the MS Fanboy in you refuses to accept those things, seek professional mental help, soon.
---
#16djwagonPosted 10/6/2013 7:37:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#17TheBlueStigPosted 10/6/2013 7:58:09 AM
djwagon posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
djwagon posted...

How many f***ing times do you need to be told that Microsoft will NOT publicly admit that they're not fixing bugs ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

1. There's an Avatar Awards bug when the Avatar marketplace loads. That one started in the 2012 beta and still wasn't fixed in the 2013 beta. Anybody who has Pinball FX 2 and has unlocked the Avatar Awards has to sit through an "avatar update" every single time they log onto the avatar marketplace.

2. The covers don't work properly in all tabs where covers are shown. From the Pins tab, to the Recent tab, to the My Games tab, the covers do NOT work consistently, not even for the same games. Plus there's still the wrong cover showing for R-Type Dimensions in the Recent tab.

3. Sign-in takes forever now when it used to be almost instant right after the startup splash screen. It now takes up to 3 minutes to sign in every single day when sign-in used to be complete right after the opening splash screen was done

4. They keep asking for security proofs AFTER they've already been entered and verified. Ever since the beta was forced on everyone (we're still in that beta) people have been getting asked for the proofs after entering them multiple times.

The list could keep going on and on but the MS Fanboy in you refuses to accept those things, seek professional mental help, soon.

ONCE...AGAIN...IF...I ...OWN.....ALL....THREE.......SYSTEMS...HOW....AM....I ...A...FANBOY.....I...ALSO...OWN...IMPORTED...VERSIONS...OF ...THE...WII.....AND....PS3....BUT...NOT.....OF....THE....360 ......SO ....ONCE ....AGAIN....HOW....AM....I...A....FANBOY

You're a fanboy because you keep asking for proof that Microsoft will never admit in a LAME ASS ATTEMPT to spin something bad away from Microsoft.

Owning multiple systems doesn't exempt you from being a fanboy.
---
#18Dragon NexusPosted 10/6/2013 8:12:02 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
djwagon posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
djwagon posted...

3. Sign-in takes forever now when it used to be almost instant right after the startup splash screen. It now takes up to 3 minutes to sign in every single day when sign-in used to be complete right after the opening splash screen was done

ONCE...AGAIN...IF...I ...OWN.....ALL....THREE.......SYSTEMS...HOW....AM....I ...A...FANBOY.....I...ALSO...OWN...IMPORTED...VERSIONS...OF ...THE...WII.....AND....PS3....BUT...NOT.....OF....THE....360 ......SO ....ONCE ....AGAIN....HOW....AM....I...A....FANBOY

You're a fanboy because you keep asking for proof that Microsoft will never admit in a LAME ASS ATTEMPT to spin something bad away from Microsoft.

Owning multiple systems doesn't exempt you from being a fanboy.

If there's no proof for your claims, how do you know they're true?
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#19djwagonPosted 10/6/2013 8:16:43 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#20TheBlueStigPosted 10/6/2013 9:20:25 AM
djwagon posted...
ALL...i..am...asking...for ...is where...are...you...getting...this...info

Knock off the excessively stupid periods, they could be classified as Disruptive Posting if you keep it up.

The proof is me looking at my god damned dashboard and seeing the bugs staring me in the face. You would be able to see the same exact things if you'd bother to take off your fanboy blinders....

The proof that there ARE bugs in the dashboard is 30+ consecutive updates to the dashboard since the 360 launched.
---