This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Keep getting security checks on Xbox Live when signing in

#51blackhrtPosted 10/6/2013 8:55:54 PM
Im not sure if they're bugs. More like some inconsistent stuff in their update packs.
Most are all for having security for their accounts. But it is annoying to setup some process that doesn't work properly. And to top it all off you have to HOPE that the vendor (in this case Microsoft) cares enough to fix it since a new system is coming out.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
#52thekozmicpigPosted 10/6/2013 9:14:31 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
thekozmicpig posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
Proof of bugs existing is not proof of any of the other crap you keep posting abut Beta members.

Hundreds of thousands of people signed up for the dashboard beta because it was posted right out on the dashboard for anyone to get into.

Source for how many people did sign up?

Also, source for content that can't be reobtained through download history? You never did get back to us on that one.

http://majornelson.com/2013/07/05/2013-xbox-live-update-for-xbox-360-public-beta-now-available/

What part of "worldwide beta in 41 markets" is so hard to understand?

They had SOOOOOO many people sign up that they had to close it out.

That doesn't have any numbers in it. None. Ooooo...it was available all over the world! Yes, but that doesn't exactly prove that hundreds of thousands of people signed up.

Also they closed it out? Yeah, space was limited from the get go.

Also, no reply to second part. I'm starting to think you have no proof on that.
---
Feels like the depths of hell were unleashed upon my ass. - nivlac_rebuats
#53lastrockerPosted 10/7/2013 12:28:47 AM
i can back up that this did in fact happen to my girlfriends account. we went through all the hoops, finishing the process several times on several different occasions. there were several times too that we gave up on it for the day because the confirmation codes in either text or email were just not coming.

why are people demanding proof? is this really so hard to believe that multiple people are having problems? you all have your panties in such a twist after e3, that anytime anyone hints towards MS criticism you all bug out in defense,
#54Dragon NexusPosted 10/7/2013 12:03:30 PM
thekozmicpig posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
thekozmicpig posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
Proof of bugs existing is not proof of any of the other crap you keep posting abut Beta members.

Hundreds of thousands of people signed up for the dashboard beta because it was posted right out on the dashboard for anyone to get into.

Source for how many people did sign up?

Also, source for content that can't be reobtained through download history? You never did get back to us on that one.

http://majornelson.com/2013/07/05/2013-xbox-live-update-for-xbox-360-public-beta-now-available/

What part of "worldwide beta in 41 markets" is so hard to understand?

They had SOOOOOO many people sign up that they had to close it out.

That doesn't have any numbers in it. None. Ooooo...it was available all over the world! Yes, but that doesn't exactly prove that hundreds of thousands of people signed up.

Also they closed it out? Yeah, space was limited from the get go.

Also, no reply to second part. I'm starting to think you have no proof on that.

BlueStig is once again showing his inability to differenciate between correlation and causation.
That and his general reliance on "It stands to reason!" or "It's obvious!" logic.

Little word regarding that. Just because something's obvious doesn't mean it's true.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#55djwagonPosted 10/7/2013 12:21:30 PM
^^^^^watch out .you may upset blue enough that he/she will run to the mods to scare you off of him/her.then lie that he/she does not run to the mods
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#56SneakiestNegPosted 10/7/2013 1:26:54 PM
Security should be optional. But because of American claim culture I have to deal with this crap. I have the same mail and password on every site and I dont care if I am hacked. Just stop harrasing me MS! I take responsibility for my actions. I know what I am doing. Honestly we all have subscribed to dozens of things on the web and things get horribly confusing. Besides if they want to hack you do you really think a password will stop anyone?
#57Super CreaturesPosted 10/7/2013 1:32:43 PM
SneakiestNeg posted...
Besides if they want to hack you do you really think a password will stop anyone?

No, good database security will, which is why XBL has never been hacked.

Compromising an account's security is not hacking.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#58MurphysGhostPosted 10/7/2013 1:58:58 PM
Yeah, I've had this problem myself. Have verified multiple times, getting codes texted or emailed, putting them in, etc.

Without fail it still asks me to verify every single time I sign in.

So now I just hit B and sign in. Yay for XBL...
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#59TrugamerPosted 10/7/2013 2:29:13 PM
I already gave them my home phone # and 2 email address's that should be more than enough but somehow it's not enough to make it stop.
It's lame.