This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

360 slim 250gb turning itself off? Help. :(

#1scvmlordPosted 10/4/2013 11:55:07 PM
So I recently bought a used (mistake) 360 slim model 250gb, and it worked fine for about 3 weeks and now, a lot of the time when I start up, it shuts itself off. Usually I keep trying over and over and eventually it stays on and runs without a hitch. Sometimes unplugging the power cord from both ends for a few minutes seems to work as well. But it is getting a little frustrating trying for 20 minutes everytime I want to play.

I did try googling around and came up with that it's probably either A. A faulty power supply, or B. Some issue with the faceplate board. When it shuts off, my power supply light is green. IIRC, this means it is something internal and not an issue with the power supply. I have no issue taking it apart since after I bought it and looked at it, the sticker has been tampered with already - voiding the warranty. This will also be probably attempt number 6 at owning a 360 and having to repair it myself due to microsofts wonderous construction of the machine. So I am no stranger to all of this.

I made a topic to get some direct feedback, in case I missed something while googling and it's a different issue and to ask if there's anything I need to know before removing the faceplate? Which seems to be the issue since it usually helps to start my console if I firmly move around the faceplate area so it sits differently. But maybe that's from the old tube tv days when banging on it made it work. :P

Any replies and help are greatly appreciated!
#2Super CreaturesPosted 10/4/2013 11:58:44 PM
scvmlord posted...
But maybe that's from the old tube tv days when banging on it made it work. :P

Until you smelt the unmistakable aroma of burnt circuit boards anyway.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#3scvmlord(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 12:07:07 AM
Once when I was a kid, I was having a late night gaming session and knocked over a can of pepsi that was on top of our 50in tube while switching out my ps1 for the n64. Imagine the smell of dat sugar being melted to the circuits. Tried to hide it for fear of my mom killing me.. no such luck.