This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it just me or after playing GTA V, it feels like it's overhyped?

#1MrWizard2000Posted 10/6/2013 6:18:23 PM
Granted the story was horrible, annoying super human all knowing cops chases whenever you committed a crime, and lack of worth doing anything even after the story was over, ticked me off, I regret buying it at full price. I should have waited for a price drop. I am getting more satisfaction out of Blacklist and Dead Space 3 right now, and those two games are considered worse in comparison. Let's not even go with my disgust of online mode. I signed in and after the intro, signed back off in complete disgust. Rockstar fails to deliver what they promised.
---
What's so special about The Boss? She beat Jesus in an arm wrestle, that's what! -WallyFeliz
#2SunDevil77Posted 10/6/2013 6:22:21 PM
No, it fits the hype quite elegantly.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#3orangeneePosted 10/6/2013 6:22:36 PM
So it begins. The honeymoon period has ended it seems.

I'm holding off a little while longer on buying it.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#4ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 10/6/2013 6:23:29 PM
you want disappointment, play 4 the n tell me gta 5 is overhyped
---
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#5pitt12177Posted 10/6/2013 7:01:25 PM
Only thing that I was in love with was the protagonists. Michael and Trevor are neck and neck with Yusif Amir for being the best characters in the franchise.
#6Mellerker38Posted 10/6/2013 7:01:51 PM
They also ruined the game with horrible achievement list and ruined xbox live.
---
I accept text messages with friend request for PS3 only.I don't like game freezing and console freezing.
#7PunkMcThrustPosted 10/6/2013 7:17:16 PM
It's a good game but it's not a great game.

Too many of the missions are just driving from A to B while the characters have a conversation. The game just has no replay value.
They added the high score/medal stuff from Gay Tony in to try and add some but I don't think that kind of system has any place in a GTA style game. It's not Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry, I don't need you to tell me how crappy I did, especially when there are so many variables involved like how the traffic spawns and behaves, etc.
And then there were a few missions that were flat out bad. Trevor at the naval yard in particular, yuck.
Oh, and don't forget how utterly crap the soundtrack is. There's some great songs in there but a lot of forgettable ones, not even close to Vice City or San Andreas's soundtracks. Doesn't even hold a candle to GTAIV's.

The online is pretty bad too. Not only for being unplayable on the first day but it's the same as the Red Dead online, the leveling/progression is so slow that in order to level up you have to actively work at it. A video game shouldn't feel like a job unless you're a developer. If you're going to rip off of Call of Duty at least do it right.

It sounds like I hate the game but I really don't, it's a pretty good game, just far from a masterpiece and far from a 10/10.
---
#1 hater of Capcom, casual games, casual gamers, and the God of War series
#8PunkMcThrustPosted 10/6/2013 7:19:12 PM
orangenee posted...
So it begins. The honeymoon period has ended it seems.

I'm holding off a little while longer on buying it.

It's weird to say about a GTA game but you can honestly just rent this game. It has almost no replay value and is incredibly short.
---
#1 hater of Capcom, casual games, casual gamers, and the God of War series
#9DarthOdinPosted 10/6/2013 7:32:00 PM
I was really hyped for the game. I couldn't even sleep the night before release day. Played it and beat it now it meh.
---
GT: Evil Metalbeast
#10HollowVPPosted 10/6/2013 8:13:46 PM
Every single GTA has been over hyped.