This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it just me or after playing GTA V, it feels like it's overhyped?

#31TheBlueStigPosted 10/7/2013 11:03:12 AM
Robin_Mask posted...
cifer520 posted...
The complaints about the cops really boggle my mind. They're so easy to lose. Never been easier imo.

Jumping off a chopper/plane/blimp and knowing it blows up due to the crash=cops look for you.

Cops sometimes spawn right in front of you for some dumb reason.

Just some of my experiences, although I did read about the flight vehicle problem first.

In GTA-4 they had some super-powered abilities, you could climb to the top of the really tall tower northwest of the airport with a sniper rifle, shoot someone at maximum draw distance, and the cops would know you did it.

The higher the wanted level in GTA-4 also meant that the cops in the cars drove faster and there were more of them and no matter how fast of a car you were driving they were still faster.

The cop car in GTA-4 is also the only one that has any grip in the tires.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#32DrFeelgood1984Posted 10/7/2013 11:21:41 AM
If it's over-hyped, name some better open world games. I would say that the only current gen games that are in the same league are:

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Sleeping Dogs
3. Just Cause 2

I would put GTA V right below RDR, personally. And I would not call that a disappointment. Honorable mention for Arkham City, if you consider that open-world.
#33GawdDawgsPosted 10/7/2013 11:24:31 AM
Darkside_Shadow posted...
I like the game. But it just seems like the characters are lacking any reason for me to get involved.
Its getting really old really fast.
Its just too much focus on being a criminal with no remorse.
Why not have some people who are forced to do crime or does it to help some poor people
like some Robin Hood s*** or something.

I always play as the good guy or take the underdogs side in games.
And I think it should be an option even in a game like GTA just for a change.
At this point I already dont give a s*** if any of the 3 live or die at the end.

I kind of agree with this. I like the game and having a lot fun playing it, but I'm not really gripped by the story or characters. It's entertaining enough, but I'm finding it kind of forgettable. I'm only about half way through though
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#34Waytoodeep03Posted 10/7/2013 7:29:00 PM
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
If it's over-hyped, name some better open world games. I would say that the only current gen games that are in the same league are:

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Sleeping Dogs
3. Just Cause 2

I would put GTA V right below RDR, personally. And I would not call that a disappointment. Honorable mention for Arkham City, if you consider that open-world.

lolwut but who was skyrim
#35MrWizard2000(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 8:20:48 PM
The only thing GTA V achieved is that Rockstar can build a detailed city from scratch.

Where are my customization's, for further hair, tattoos, clothing, ability to go naked or without shirt, and appearance changes by making fat or skinny characters?

What about the god awful melee system that they still have from IV? Why is there no fighting gyms, where, you can improve melee by beating other people in the boxing ring like in San Andreas?

And where the hell are my gang wars from Lost and The Damned? No respect system even for Franklin, who, would have made the most sense to have out of the three characters to begin with. But apparently Rockstar got lazy and didn't want to bring this feature back.

There's literally nothing to do in this game after you complete the story, which is extremely short compared to other titles, and that is what makes this game sad.
---
What's so special about The Boss? She beat Jesus in an arm wrestle, that's what! -WallyFeliz
#36SunDevil77Posted 10/7/2013 8:25:20 PM
Yes, TC. Rockstar was definitely lazy. They didn't want to work hard on GTA V or anything
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#37MrWizard2000(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 8:30:32 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Yes, TC. Rockstar was definitely lazy. They didn't want to work hard on GTA V or anything

I'm sorry but taking out items that should have been in, is a sign of being lazy. I didn't pay for a game with a city with nothing to do. I paid for a game with a city that had features that kept me coming back to play with even after the story was done.
---
What's so special about The Boss? She beat Jesus in an arm wrestle, that's what! -WallyFeliz
#38TheBlueStigPosted 10/7/2013 8:33:43 PM
MrWizard2000 posted...
The only thing GTA V achieved is that Rockstar can build a detailed city from scratch.

Where are my customization's, for further hair, tattoos, clothing, ability to go naked or without shirt, and appearance changes by making fat or skinny characters?

What about the god awful melee system that they still have from IV? Why is there no fighting gyms, where, you can improve melee by beating other people in the boxing ring like in San Andreas?

And where the hell are my gang wars from Lost and The Damned? No respect system even for Franklin, who, would have made the most sense to have out of the three characters to begin with. But apparently Rockstar got lazy and didn't want to bring this feature back.

There's literally nothing to do in this game after you complete the story, which is extremely short compared to other titles, and that is what makes this game sad.

Those are all the things that all the whiney spineless people b****ed about in previous games, so once again the vocal minority has ruined something in the game industry.

In GTA-4 there was nothing to do with the taxis, ambulances, or fire trucks but those were a big part of San Andreas, Vice City, and GTA-3 and they gave you boosted abilities if you completed those missions. There were also no police motorcycles for some stupid reason, it was more fun to do the vigilante missions on the bikes.

The auto aim system in 4 is extremely broken, it's 100% lockon or nothing at all, you can't get the crosshair off of a target until it's totally dead.

As I'm progressing through 4, I'm finding that most of the hate for the game is well deserved.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#39Pacman2dxPosted 10/7/2013 8:34:31 PM
The campaign was great - it's the MP I'm having an issue with since my character was deleted. Awaiting a conclusion from R* before purging my current character and starting over.
---
Shingeki No Kyojin | Attack On Titan
Are you willing to give your beating heart for humanity?