This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Torchlight 1/2 vs. Diablo 3

#1backguard222Posted 10/7/2013 2:08:09 PM
Which is better? More fun?
---
Currently Playing: Too much Diablo III (PS3) (Level 60(17) Hardcore Monk); LOZ: Twilight Princess (Wii)
Latest Platinum: Batman Arkham Asylum 8/22/13
#2foodeater4Posted 10/7/2013 2:08:57 PM
Diablo 3 on console at the moment is best.

Once the auction house goes away on the PC version, then it wins on all platforms.
#3darkharePosted 10/7/2013 2:23:19 PM
not a fan of the isometric dungeon crawls, you want a good dungeon crawl with co-op then get dungeon defenders.

---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!
#4backguard222(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 2:32:16 PM
darkhare posted...
not a fan of the isometric dungeon crawls, you want a good dungeon crawl with co-op then get dungeon defenders.

dungeon defenders isn't a dungeon crawl is it? i played it and it was just tower defense.
---
Currently Playing: Too much Diablo III (PS3) (Level 60(17) Hardcore Monk); LOZ: Twilight Princess (Wii)
Latest Platinum: Batman Arkham Asylum 8/22/13
#5bblbigPosted 10/7/2013 2:35:34 PM
No, Dungeon Defenders is not a dungeon crawler. It is however a amazingly fun game. Couch co-op is some of my fav this gen honestly.

Ive never played Torchlight on 360, just pc....that being said, I own Diablo 3 for 360, and it is GREAT. If you are in the mood for that style of game, get it, you wont regret it. DL the demo and give it a try. I persoanlly highly recommend Diablo 3 to any fan of the genre
---
Insert witty statement here
#6SoincMetalPosted 10/7/2013 3:41:01 PM
If they could port TL 2 to 360, it wins. But 4 player co op is just insane fun.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#7Pyth_the_BullPosted 10/7/2013 4:24:08 PM
If you like dungeon crawlers, then they're both good.

Torchlight 2 was a major step forward compared to the first where as when I look at Diablo III, all I can think is that it's not Diablo II. They kind of took a couple of steps backwards while streamlining it.

Either way, if you have that dungeon crawling, slashin' and hackin', loot grinding itch, they'll both scratch it.

Or I could have just said Baldur's Gate and avoided the minoblog above.
---
"Their hopes dashed on our shields! Their victory slashed by our swords!"
#8infinitexxPosted 10/7/2013 4:28:47 PM
Torchlight 2 > Diablo 3 > Torchlight 1.

Dungeon Defenders, while a great game (moreso on PC for more content and less cheating), is in no way a dungeon crawler. I look forward to DD2 though, they're adding a MOBA competitive mode in addition to the tower defense co-op.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#9darkharePosted 10/8/2013 11:47:08 AM
backguard222 posted...
darkhare posted...

dungeon defenders isn't a dungeon crawl is it? i played it and it was just tower defense.

dungeon crawl hybrid, as the evolution of a dungeon crawl is tower defense.

---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!
#10shawnmckPosted 10/8/2013 12:58:36 PM
I personally prefer the atmosphere of Diablo 3 more.