This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those sticking with Xbox 360 when the Xbox One comes out...

#31C810Posted 10/9/2013 4:50:48 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
C810 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
levyjl1988 posted...
what game will make you go towards next gen?

None.

It's not about the games this time, it's about the bulls*** built into the hardware, and the fact that Microsoft has demonstrated they'll change their minds at a moments notice with no regard to their customers.

If you're talking about Microsoft reversing their DRM policies, then I don't know why that would be a negative.

Killing off used games by demanding a full price premium to play them, increasing their spying, disabling content when more than one person enters the room, and attempting to be the NSA's prison b**** even more than they already are.

You SERIOUSLY can't see why those would be bad things for consumers?

No, no, no. I understand that completely. I just meant that I thought you were bashing Microsoft for backpedaling and removing stuff like the always online requirement and the system not working with Kinect.

I understand distrusting Microsoft for those reasons. I mistakenly thought you were mad they listened to the outcry, because people who are mad at Microsoft for that baffle me
---
He has a robot body though, if he farted it would probably come out sounding like dubstep. - ISquat600lbs
http://bit.ly/1gJaKrZ
#32TheBlueStigPosted 10/9/2013 6:01:56 PM
C810 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
C810 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
levyjl1988 posted...
what game will make you go towards next gen?

None.

It's not about the games this time, it's about the bulls*** built into the hardware, and the fact that Microsoft has demonstrated they'll change their minds at a moments notice with no regard to their customers.

If you're talking about Microsoft reversing their DRM policies, then I don't know why that would be a negative.

Killing off used games by demanding a full price premium to play them, increasing their spying, disabling content when more than one person enters the room, and attempting to be the NSA's prison b**** even more than they already are.

You SERIOUSLY can't see why those would be bad things for consumers?

No, no, no. I understand that completely. I just meant that I thought you were bashing Microsoft for backpedaling and removing stuff like the always online requirement and the system not working with Kinect.

I understand distrusting Microsoft for those reasons. I mistakenly thought you were mad they listened to the outcry, because people who are mad at Microsoft for that baffle me

I'm just saying that they backpedaled once already, and that the hardware still has those abilities built in, so they can backpedal right back around again at any time.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#33PastyFuryPosted 10/9/2013 6:17:35 PM
I'll get the xbox one once it doesn't come bundled to a kinect...If that doesn't happen by the first years cycle I'll have to get a ps4
#34ohollywoodoPosted 10/9/2013 7:02:47 PM
A price drop, which may include a non-Kinnect version.
---
ooH0LLYW00Doo <-- feel free to add me
#35Oldskool_RulezPosted 10/9/2013 7:25:24 PM
I'll continue purchasing games on the 360 for as long as it lives. The day the servers go out completely, I'm sure I'll move on to something different. No way in hell I'm buying an Xbox One though. Microsoft will still get support out of me through the Xbox 360 still, so that's a plus for them.
---
The DEATH cannot die!
You don't need a reason to help someone.
#36videogameking33Posted 10/9/2013 11:02:39 PM
Just waiting for the bugs to get fixed out first, probably get one next summer
---
Currently Playing: GTA V (360), Last of Us (PS3), AC: NL (3DS)
Diehard Buffalo Bills & Sabres Fan!!...XBL GamerTag & PSN: buffalo29
#37The_RaterPosted 10/10/2013 12:13:38 AM
When a new game is beyond different and experimental to play instead of the same popular genres of FPS, open world and RPGs.
#38desert_santaPosted 10/10/2013 12:23:09 AM
when the witcher 3 or the division comes out I will buy a ps4(unless the xbone is cheaper by then)

I would jump to next gen upon release but unlike NA, the prices for game titles in my country have increased by 25% for ps4 and xbone compared to ps3/360 titles
#39Kerr AvonPosted 10/10/2013 4:44:26 AM
I don't intend to buy a next generation console for at least the first few months, in case there are any hardware problems the first batches suffer from that are repaired in later batches (I really, REALLY hope there's nothing of the RROD fiasco, where even years later the problem still exists in new consoles).

After that, when the console is proven to be relatively free of hardware problems, then I'll start looking at the games properly, to see if any interest me enough to buy an XBox One (stupid name...) or PS4 or Google-box, or Steambox, or iBox (Apple), etc.

I've never bought a console until there were games on it that I really wanted, I don't see the point of buying a console just because it's new, even though you personally don't like any of the games on it at that point in time. No doubt some of the early XBox One/PS4 games will be great, but from what I've seen so far, none of them grab me or offer anything that isn't on the current generation machines (other than better graphics, which doesn't bother me). I have six consoles (N64, original XBox, PS2, Gamecube, XBox 360, and PS3) and a PC, so I'm not short of games to play so even if I don't buy another console for the next five years I've still got a lot of great games to play. And as a first person shooter fan, I have to say that I prefer old-school FPS games, which are almost non-existent nowadays, and that doesn't look like it's going to change any time soon, so I'm not exactly over-eager to see the next generation of gaming.

* Old-school FPSs = (to me) FPSs where you can carry all of the weapons you find (I hate weapon carrying limits), no rechargable health, no continous onscreen prompts (Press A to open, Press X to pick up) etc, no Quick Time Events, no unskippable cutscenes, and no feeling of "This game is so linear, it's just a serious of corridors, etc.
---
"PCs don't catch viruses or malware. Stupid users do." - The Cranky Hermit.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
#40WeskerTeamPosted 10/10/2013 5:19:33 AM
I will buy an Xbox One immediately when they release the next Gears of War.
---
GT - Kieduss PSN - IDavey420
3DS - 1676-4984-6998